broken

A/N

Aaaah screw it. I'm uploading two today and I'm gonna write this one in twenty minutes! 

TIME ME!

***

I ran out of the room, out of the house. I could hear the footsteps clattering on pavement behind me. I could hear the repetition of the cats words being chanted over and over and over again. I ran aimlessly, not knowing anything about my surroundings. 

Next thing I knew, I was at school, up against the door to the music room. I turned around and swung the door open, only to find Watari, Kaori, and Muiki all together talking in lowered voices. I could finally feel the tears that stung my eyes. I could feel my face burn as I slid down to my knees. Izumo and Akkihiko barged into the room. "Yuri!" they yelled as I slid to the floor, the room filled with my sobs.

I could feel Muiki's arms wrap around me like a cocoon. It was warm, safe, even. I grabbed her shirt and began to cry into it, Muiki not even silently protesting. I cried and cried long into the night. I could hear the reassuring sounds of Muiki's voice being whispered into my ear, her breath warm against my neck. "What's wrong?" She asked, her voice almost non existent. 

"I'm broken," I said. "I'm so broken, so useless, so worthless, so unloved."

I could basically feel Kousei and Watari stiffen at that last proclamation. 

"You're not broken," Muiki said, forcing me to my feet. She wiped away my tears as I gripped her wrist. She held me at an arms length, searching my eyes and face for a trace of something. "You're not broken," she repeated. "You're not useless. You're not worthless." She paused, biting her lip. She quickly glanced at Kousei and Watari before kissing me tenderly, causing me to sink into her arms. When she released me from her grip on me, she looked me in the eyes and smiled as a single tear rolled down her cheek.

"You are everything but unloved."

***

A/N

Guyyss I'm sorry but this story will be coming to a close soon! Also, a quick hint about what the next one's gonna be about - aftermath.

See y'all tomorrow!

-Violet