second most

As I finished my speech, silence met my words. I looked down at my hands and wondered, why was I doing this? I turned to walked offstage, but Kousei grabbed my arm, how he got up there was a mystery to me. "Play," he said, then walked off. I turned my gaze to the grand piano that was sitting next to me, calling out to me. Play, Yuri, it said with a beckoning voice. Play with me. 

I moved towards the piano, running my fingers over the keys that were yellow from age. I sat down, and began to play. I don't know what I was playing to this day, but it was beautiful. Probably the second most breathtaking pieces I created. My fingers flowed in a ever so swift pattern, flicking from one key to another. I was sucked into the song, the sound echoing in my mind. As I closed my eyes, I wondered.

Why did I ever stop?

As I stopped, my breath slowed. I was fine. I heard the entire song. I stood up and ran out of the auditorium, ran out of the school, ran out to the Kiosk, ran out to Shibuya, ran to what people call the edge of the world. As I stood, the wind brushed my hair as tears dripped down my face like a cascading waterfall. I sat down on a rock, facing the stretching fields framed with mountains peaking out from behind the lazy, rolling hill. 

And I died.