Chapter 1 - The Ambassador

When Frisk, the most recently missing child (at least they thought they were a child) was found at the mouth of the mountain and brought a lost civilization to the surface... you felt like your life wasn't so dull as you thought anymore and things were turning around for you. The lost civilization was known as monsters. Seems like the speculations and rumours about another race thriving underneath the surface were true. You felt like you had a purpose again, like there was something worth while to do and new things to learn and all sorts of concepts to discover. The monsters made life much more interesting, and when you get a job as a scientist, you'll have something to research that's actually worth while.

Monsters weren't as omnious and vile as depicted in the old books and stories. Humanity made a huge mistake sealing them underground, and you had already found what foolish reason they had for doing so. You even spotted Frisk at the town mall with the (ex) queen of monsters, Toriel, a few days ago and thanked them for freeing the monsters over a Starbucks. Just like that, you guys were friends. You and Frisk have been forming a wonderful friendship. The only bad thing that has happened recently is that you got a call from your college that you were going to have to wait two more exgruciatingly tedious and long months until the bliss of graduation day. Great.

Today was very lively as it wasn't too long ago that monsters were freed. Alot of the peculiar creatures are still trying to settle as they look for houses, move in, find jobs, and connect with others in the hopes of finding relationships or gaining friends. Many humans are very accepting of the additional race as curiosity flourished inside of them. So, they were out in town as crowds surrounded monsters, engaging in conversation and asking all kinds of curious questions. As expected, the question that pops up the most is "How do you reproduce?" or "How do you make offspring? Is it the same way we do it?"

It's pretty funny considering there are literally hundreds of books that have already been published that discuss monster biology. However, their history books and documentaries are still a work in progress due to the little amount of time they've been on the surface. It will be much longer before school can use them too, so no one should expect to get any history lessons on monsters for a while. Though, you were going to research monsters on your own once you became a scientist, unless you have an assistant or partner, so you'll have plenty of time to wait for those books while you study the other topics surrounding monster society.

Science was always a wonder to you, so that's why you studied day and night to get out of highschool early and try to get a P.H.D. in everything science. You were always facinated with how things worked and came to be. However, there wasn't much new subjects and concepts to be researched. Everything else had already been documented, studied, tested, and it was all just a bunch of crap you already knew. You thought you just graduated from college super early only to sit around on your ass and test the same things that have been tested multiple times already. When monsters came up here though, you became so happy. There was something new. There was something worth while.

Monsters are such interesting and sweet creatures. Not only that, but introduced so many new concepts and aspects of life, such as souls, magic, ect. You were so excited, for there were all kinds of variations of exceptionally strange and extraordinary plants you've heard of. On top of all that, there were so many types and variations of monsters that were willing to be studied. You just couldn't wait until you became a scientist, for you have been waiting and aching so long for something like this, not sure it'll ever come, but now, here it is. This is the chance you've been waiting for.

At the moment, the two of you (you and Frisk) were happily sitting in white bared and bright purple cushioned seats at Muffet's Bakery in the streets of the middle of Ebbot City. The light beamed through the purple stained and see through windows as it glittered and reflected across the beautiful purple and magenta tiling that served as the floor. The two of you were smiling and geeking out over the new race and how it's affecting today at one of the high, two seated tables with swilveled high-chairs. It was quite refreshing to be here on such a beautiful morning, and the busy serinity of being surrounded by hundreds upon thousands of humans and monsters roaming the surface in near complete peace, chatting away and temporarily forgetting about their worries.