Chapter 5 - A Glowing Flower, A Growing Future

You woke up at 9:17 am as you instinctively looked around your bedroom, excitedly hopping out of your bed. You rushed your way over to your drawers, selecting your clothes you were going to wear for the day. You grabbed your black, baggy, turtleneck sweater, a pair a jeans, and started taking your pajamas off. You shoved your clothes on and jetted out of your room. You're going to the Underground today, so you couldn't help but get all hyper! Yes, because you don't care for Frisk's warnings, you know, like a good friend! Running to the kitchen, you started swinging open cabinets and pulling open drawers. You rummaged through your cooking tool supply like a raccoon through a garbage bin.

Finding the pans and utensils you needed, you placed them on top of the black smooth stove top of your modern oven. You scurried over to the fridge, yanking open the smooth black handle, matching your kitchen oven along with your dishwasher, microwave, toaster, and coffee maker.

You finished cooking your breakfast and started chomping on it. You were practically inhaling your food and almost choked. Once you finished, you cleaned up and started packing your things that you needed of which corresponds to the following:

•Umbrella
•Flashlight
•Food
•Water
•Notepad
•Pencil
•Color Tools
•Sketchbook
•Cellphone
•Weatherproof Jacket

Yep, you were pretty much ready! You grabbed your things and headed out the door, calling a taxi, who was pretty quick to get there. You paid him to drive you to the front of Mt. Ebbot where you would hike the rest of the way by yourself.

Timeskip brought to you by Gasterade, a mysterious drink that mysteriously restores your energy.

You were finally at the entrance. This is where Frisk and the monsters walked out of to start a new life on the surface. You started descending into the Underground. It took you a while, but you managed to navigate your way through the castle. You had no clue how you felt about adventuring, nor did you know how to describe how you felt about it. Let's just say you have mixed feelings.

The castle was layered with dust due to the fact that it hasn't been in use for a while. If you hadn't known better, you would have started freaking out and thinking monsters have been murdered down here. You probably would be screaming right now, if not for Frisk who shared their knowledge of how to tell the difference between monster dust, and just plain annoying dust that gets all over your shit and gives you breathing problems.

You were actually afraid to look at dust. You couldn't bear the thought of a deceased monster, its dust scattered about, aimlessly flowing through the wind. The thought of it rose a deep panic within you, wrenching your stomache, like a knot of despair. Everytime you see the specks of white, you call the memory of what Frisk said, letting it echo through your mind...

You and Frisk were seated at Muffet's again, talking about monsters... again. You two just fell in love with them, so neither of you could help it, that you could both agree on. They sat across from you, sitting in the cushioned seating along with you, seated next to the window (Remember kids, the closer you sit by the window, the more important you are in the story. Anime Logic).

. . .

"I find the entire concept of monsters fascinating. They're just so unique and amazing!" You cooed.

"Oh (Y/n)," Frisk giggled, "you really are a natural born scientist, huh?" You laughed along with them.

"Yep! Why do you think I get excited at the idea of working as one?" Frisk smiled at your reply. They then changed their expression to a more puzzled one.

"Though, I've been wondering... what is it about monsters that does scare you? That is, if there is anything about them that scares you. Is it that they can absorb our souls but we can't take theirs?"