sixteen

lilly's pov

it was jacks third day here in arizona, and i've just realized that i haven't been showing him around.  I mean yeah, we've gone to the beach, but that's not that cool. they have plenty of those in california.

i decided to take jack to this cute cafe to get lunch, and then i will show him this really nice hiking trail, with a waterfall at the end of it. my mom actually gave me this idea.

i tell him the plans and he says he can't wait. we both get ready and i drive us to the cafe.  we walk in, sit down at a booth, and start talking.

"i'm really glad i️ came down here" jack said.

"i'm glad you're here.  it's made my mood 100 times better" i️ smile

"good"

we keep talking until we got our food. we eat, pay, and head off to the hiking trail.

jacks pov

okay, so i️ knew about the waterfall and trail before today. lilly's mom gave me the idea to fly the boys and christina out.  since there's a little cave type of thing behind the waterfall, i️ could have them be there when we arrive. they'll start singing with me, and i'll ask lilly to be my girlfriend. nothing should go wrong.

right?

lilly's pov

we just started the 2 mile hike, and i take in the sunny weather. being with jack, making new memories, this day couldn't get any better.

————————————————————————

"lilly" jack said

"yeah?" i questioned

"look" he said pointing to the beautiful view ahead of us.

i could see the waterfall, the pool of water under it, and the little pathway leading behind the waterfall. i could tell that there were some people behind it already, and i hoped they liked the view as much as i do.

we started walking up the small hill to the cave, and jack started texting someone. lucky bitch with unlimited gigs, he can use his phone whenever, where as i can't because i'm cheap and don't buy unlimited. (idk if that made sense but oh well)

we enter the cave and i gasp when i see who is there. they're all here.

corbyn
zach
daniel with his trusty guitar
jonah
christina.

i couldn't believe my eyes. i ran up to hug corbyn first, obviously because i met him first, he's my best friend. then i gave christina a huge hug, and did the same for the rest of the boys.

"hang on lilly. before you start asking questions, we have a surprise for you." corbyn said.

i nod and they all stand in a line with daniel in the middle. he starts strumming different cords, and i quickly realize it's the tune of "cant help failing in love" and i get really confused. jack starts singing the song, with the other boys singing quieter in the back.

wise men say
only fools rush in
but i can't help falling in love with you

oh shall i stay
would it be a sin
for i can't help falling in love with you

like a river flows
surely to the sea
darling so it goes
some things, are meant to be

take my hand
take my whole life too
for i can't help falling in love with you

like a river flows
surely to the sea
darling so it goes
some things, are meant to be

take my hand
take my whole life too
for i can't help. falling in love with you

jack finishes and we're both smiling like idiots.

"lillian brady, will you be my girlfriend?" he smiles even more, if that's possible.

"of course jack o lantern" i laugh while nodding my head.

the boys and christina start cheering while jack and i hug.

i was wrong. this day just got a whole lot better.