twenty-one

lillian's pov

i just got out of the movie theatre with daniel and we were going to head to the pier to watch the sunset because were basic. daniel was the only person available to hang out with today and i never really hang out with him, so i said why not.

daniel's actually very funny and sweet, but our fun was interrupted by my phone going off. it was a call from zach.

i told daniel to hold on and i turned down the music in the car.

"zach what is it?" i asked concerned. he never calls. he always texts.

"you guys need to come home. it's corbyn. he's not okay" he said quickly.

"okay okay. hang tight. we'll be right there" she said. and hung up.

"daniel we need to go home. it's corbyn. he's not okay.

"what's wrong with him?" he asks, making a u-turn as soon as he gets the chance.

"i don't know. zach just told me he's not okay, and zach never calls so i'm concerned." i say.

we got home in 10 minutes and we both jump out of the car not even grabbing our stuff.

i head upstairs immediately and see the boys gathered around the door.

"he won't let us in." jonah tells me as i walk up to them.

i nod and stare at the door. i give a little knock and heard corbyn's broken voice.

"go away guys. i'm fine."

"it's me corbyn. i know you're not fine. please let me in." i say.

i hear footsteps coming from across the room getting closer to the door. the door opens and i see a messy haired, red eyed corbyn standing there with a tear stained face.

"come here." i say opening my arms. he immediately hugs me and starts crying more. we stand there for another minute just hugging, before i stand him up straight and push him into his room again.

"one second guys. i'll try to see what's up." i say back to the other four as i walk into corbyn's room after him. i close the door behind me so there was privacy.

he's already lying on his bed, with his face buried in his pillow. he's still crying. i can only tell because of the slight shake i see coming from his body.

i sit on the side edge of the bed and rub his back in small circles.

he sits up and lays his head on my shoulder.

"what happened bubs" i ask in a whisper.

"she broke up with me." he said his voice breaking more.

"oh corbyn. did she give you a reason?" i ask.

"she said it's because she can't handle the long distance anymore, but i really don't think that's the issue. i don't know, but i can't find out now.  she left an hour ago." he said.

"would you like me to find out the real reason?" i ask him.

"would you? i cant handle not knowing what it really was" he said looking up at me.

"of course i will. let me go get my pho-" i started to say, but got cut off by corbyn.

"please stay. just do it later." he said.

"okay. can i go tell the boys so they don't sit there for a long time?" i ask him.

"yes. it hurts for me to say it more than once." he says laying back down.

i stand and walk to the door. i open it and go into the hallway. all the boys were sitting against the wall on their phones. they see me and stand up.

"christina broke up with him. he wants me to stay with him for awhile. i just wanted to let you guys know so you weren't sitting here for hours." i say in a slight whisper.

"how'd you get him to come out and talk? we've been trying to for an hour" jack asks.

"it's magic babe. i'm his best friend i guess. i don't really know." i shrug.

"okay. we'll see you when you come back out of the cave" zach says.

i chuckle and walk back into corbyn's room, and shut the door. there's light coming from the window so it's not completely dark. i sit next to corbyn with my back against the headboard and just sit there not knowing what to say.

"lills" he says faintly.

"yeah corbyn?" i ask.

"you're my best friend." he says into the pillow.

"and you're mine." i say.