twenty-seven

lilly's pov

it's 11:30am and i have just woken up, and i immediately start to think about the events from last night. corbyn likes me. he likes me. i don't know what to do, say, or think.

i ignore the thoughts for now, and walk downstairs to eat breakfast. the house is quiet, too quiet. as i reach the bottom of the stairs, daniel is sitting at the counter, eating cereal.

"daniel, where are the others? it's too quiet." i laugh.

"i guess they left us here while they went to eat breakfast or something. they aren't here and we just woke up." he answers, pointing at us back and forth."

"how rude." i say walking to the fridge, then grabbing the cereal from daniel's hand.

"heyyy." he groans.

"oh deal with it." i say.

he laughs and begins to speak again.

"so, are you okay?" he asks, sincerely.

"honestly?" i question, putting the box down.

"yes." he says.

"with the jack thing, i'll probably be hurt for awhile. i mean, i loved him. but if i'm being honest, something happened last night." i say.

"well spill the beans sister." he laughs

"i woke up around midnight and i heard yelling from the backyard. it was corbyn and jack. corbyn was defending me, but he said that he likes me a lot. he doesn't know that i heard them, and i don't know what to do. that's why christina broke up with him. she believed that he liked me and i didn't believe her. daniel i don't know what the hell is going on." i rant.

"well if it's my turn to be honest, he's liked you since before you and jack started dating. we thought it was just a small crush, because he was with christina. but then he started showing signs of having a bigger crush on you than he thought, and then she broke up with him, and it's just. we knew." he says, quickly continuing after taking a breath, "but how do you feel about him?"

"i'm not sure. i think i might've had a tiny tiny crush on him after my break up with michael, but i thought that was just because he was always there for me." i answer truthfully.

"how do you feel about him now though?" he asks.

"now? i'm not sure. he's my best friend and i don't want to ruin what we have, and i can't keep this secret any longer. i want him to know that i know, but i don't at the same time. do you get it?" i say all in one breath.

"yeah. i advise you not to tell him quite yet, and take it one day at a time. you just got out of a relationship yesterday, and it was one of his best friends, even though he's on your side with this. if i were you, i'd first handle your friendship with jack, because i know for a fact that he never wanted to hurt you on purpose and he still wants to be friends." he says, going back to his cereal.

"okay. thank you daniel. i appreciate the advice." i smile, eating my cereal with him.

about 45 minutes later, daniel and i were sitting on the couch having a staring contest. i'm not sure why, but it was fun. we both heard the door open, but neither of us budged, not even an inch. we then, heard them all walking into the living room.

"what the hell are they doing?" i heard jack ask, quietly.

"staring contest." daniel and i said in unison.

"uhh..who's winning?" zach asks.

"lilly and i both have won one, so whoever wins this wins the championship." daniel said, still not blinking.

"uh..ok." corbyn says.

they all then sit on the other chairs and couch, and watch. daniel finally blinked and i sprung up from the couch.

"WIIIINERRRR. BEAT THAT SEAVEY." i yell running around giving all the boys high fives. even jack.

"yeah yeah, shut it." he says, rolling his eyes.

"aww don't be a sore loserrrr." i say while hugging him from the side

he hugs me back and i get up. i walk over to jack and tap on his shoulder.

"can i talk to you please?" i ask quietly.

he nods and starts to go outside. i follow and close the door. we sit by the pool and since i'm facing the windows and door, i can see all of the other boys watching us from inside. jack starts to speak, but i cut him off.

"no no. let me speak." i say while holding my hand up.

he nods.

"okay so first of all; i know it wasn't full on cheating, but the lying. that's what hurts me the most jack. it wasn't cool and honestly you should've just told me the truth instead of keeping it a secret for that long. second; i still want to be friends with you. i can forgive, but i cant forget. you hurt me so badly, but i just want you to be happy, so i forgive you jack. i obviously will still be hurting, but i just want my noodle haired friend back." i smile slightly at the end.

"i know. i should've told you sooner but i was just scared. i'm sorry i let you down and i'm sorry i made you feel like trash. it wasn't my intention at all. i just didn't want to lose our friendship. thank you for forgiving me when you definitely did not have to. it shows us who the bigger person really is." he smiles.

we get up and i pull him into a hug.

"i'm glad we can still be friends." jack says.

"yeah, me too" i smile.

we head back inside, sit on the couch and play mario kart with the boys