Murderer (warning: violent and dark)

(y/n) POV
It was 1 a.m. and I decided it was time for bed because I had to get up kind of early tomorrow to help my sister get ready for her baby shower.  She's been staying with me for this past week and I loved it because I missed her so much. I brushed my teeth and got in bed. I was trying to fall asleep, but it was thunder storming outside. Thunderstorms scare me. They made me feel like I was surrounded by nothing but chaos and I could do nothing to control it.

I turned on my right side and looked at my alarm clock. 2:00 A.M. it read. I turned back over and as soon as I closed my eyes thunder cracked and a bright lighting bolt flashed across the sky. I jumped and covered my head with my comforter.

I got out of bed and walked downstairs to make myself a cup of bedtime tea to help me fall asleep. I got a pan, filled it with water, put it on the stove, and just waited for it to start boiling. While I waited I went to close the blinds in the living room, I heard a door open from upstairs assuming it was my sister going to the bathroom, I let it slide.

I walked back into the kitchen and took the pot off the stove, poured the hot water into the mug, and threw the teabag into the water. I headed back upstairs and walked past my sister's bedroom. Her door was open. Did she forget to close it after using the bathroom? I walked in her room to check on her only to find a man in a black hoodie hovering over her, her dead body lying there on the ground, a rag in her mouth, stab wounds in her chest and across her stomach, a pool of blood surrounding her, and lastly her eyes wide open in fear. I dropped my glass of tea and it shattered and spilt all over the ground around my feet.

The stranger was looking up at me with blood all over his face and he slowly started to get up and walk towards me.

"Who are you?" I managed to get out.

"V," he answered.

He pushed me up against the wall in the hallway right across the doorway of my sister's bedroom and held his knife towards my throat.

"What do you want?" I asked feeling a little more courageous.

"I want my blade slicing that pretty little neck of yours."

He smashed his lips into mine while I was screaming in agony.

The last thing I ever felt was his blade slicing my neck.