Flowers

(Y'all are just friends in this one)

Third Person POV

You sat through another day of school, going unnoticed by every single boy. It kind of hurts that nobody has shown any initiative towards you although you haven't shown initiative to any boys either. All you have is your best friend, Emily, and a couple guy friends. Their names are Hobi, Taehyung, Namjoon, and Jin.

The bell had rung, signaling the end of the school day, so you stop by your locker and grab a couple notebooks and two textbooks so that you can study for tests that you have tomorrow. Taehyung lives in your neighborhood so you wait by your locker with your stuff for him to meet you. Once you see him you smile and ask him, "How was your day today?"

"Hell," he replied.

"Lmao, me too. Mr. Ratburn gave us an essay that's due Monday and I have a test in his class tomorrow. I can't express how much I hate that man." You began to rant.

"Hey hey simmer down," Tae said, flashing you a boxy smile. 

You begin walking out of the school with Tae by your side. Once you two had walked off campus and crossed the street he noticed all the textbooks you were carrying.

"Oh my goodness y/n, let me carry those for you!" He said.

"Oh no really it's fi-" you began, but you got cut short because he had already begun to transfer the textbooks out of your arms and into his.

"Thanks, Tae," you said laughing, "I don't know what I would do without you."

"Haha no problem," he replied. 

You had reached the point on your journey home where you two have to part ways. He goes left, I go right.

You two just stopped and stared at each other. You both knew that neither of you wanted to go home. It's not that anything was wrong with your life at home, it's just that everything is so boring in this nothing town. You found excitement, tranquility, and happiness whenever you spent time with Taehyung. 

"How about we tell my parents I'm at your house and you tell your parents that you're at my house," Tae said breaking the silence.

Nothing but a big smile grew on your face. 

When you both got done texting your parents where you "were" you guys took your backpacks off and put them next to the street sign so that on the way home from your adventure you could just pick them up.

Taehyung began walking towards the park about half a mile from your neighborhood. You two didn't say a word. You just enjoyed the comfortable silence and the cool spring breeze. The sun making your skin glow. Once you had reached the park you sat down on the swings, but Tae had kept walking.

"Where are you going?" You asked.

"Follow me, you'll see," he said with a wink.

You began to follow his footsteps until you caught up with him and was now walking beside him. You two had climbed over a hill and at the bottom of the other side was a field filled with wildflowers, surrounded by trees as if this place was hidden.

You two continued walking until you were in the center of the field. Tae plopped down on his bottom and you followed his action. You two laid beside each other. Tae's hands were behind his head and yours were picking petals off one of the flowers you had picked.

"My mom used to take me here when I was a little boy," Tae started, "We would fly kites and pick apples from the trees. After we were done playing for the day, I would always help her pick flowers so that she could make a bouquet to put in a vase when we got home."

"That's beautiful," I replied.

Tae propped himself up on one of his arms so that he was facing me, "I brought you here because I appreciate you so much. I have no idea what I would do if I didn't have a friend like you. I want you to know that."

"The feeling is mutual. You bring me excitement and happiness in my boring, grey life," You said.

"I really do care about you Tae, I hope you know that." You said.

"I care about you too." He replied.

Until the sunset rolled in you two had just been lying there, listening to the birds chirp, the wind blowing the trees making them rustle, and taking in the sweet scent of the wildflowers that surrounded you, but sadly it was going to get dark soon and you two had to start heading back if you wanted to make it home before dark.

When you reached the street sign, where you guys had previously left your school stuff, you both picked your backpacks up and put them on. You looked into his eyes, the sun almost set behind him, the freckle on his nose, and a flower stuck in his hair. You reached up to get it out. Once you got the flower form his hair, you threw it on the ground. You did all of this without breaking eye contact with him.

"I love you y/n," he said.

"I love you too," you replied.

You two hugged and when the hug ended you two parted your separate ways. Him to the left, you to the right.