Chapter Sixteen

*Steve's POV*

It was one of those rare days when Bucky, Rosaline and I got to hang out together. Bucky was usually with Margaret and Rosaline was usually with Loki and I was still too much of a wimp to ask Peggy on a date.

But the three of us were together again to walk to our only shared class: Language Learning. Everyone was talking about this new teacher that was supposed to be starting today. Our old Language Learning teacher had retired.

"What do you think this teacher is gonna be like?" Rosaline asked.

"Hopefully nice," Bucky replied.

"Anyone is nicer than Mr. Fury and Mr. Phillips," I commented. "Who hires an ex-drill sergeant as a PE teacher?"

"Mr. Lee apparently," said Rosaline. "Hey, did Tony tell you guys about the force field around the school? Apparently it's weakening. That's why Bruce changed during that fight with Loki."

"Why would we be talking to Tony?" Bucky muttered as we entered the classroom and sat down. Rosaline hit her brother on the arm and nodded to the back of the room where Tony was sitting with his feet up.

Ever since Rosaline got with Loki, she was happier than ever and had totally forgotten about the whole Tony thing and so had I. But Bucky hadn't. He couldn't forgive Tony for breaking Rosaline's heart, not matter what she said to him.

"Bucky, we've been over this," Rosaline hissed. "I'm over what happened."

"I'm your brother, Ross. I have a right to want to kill him," Bucky retorted.

"Okay, both of you stop it," I said. "Mr. Lee is coming with the new teacher."

Mr. Lee, an elderly man with white hair and usually wore glasses, walked into the classroom with a man a few inches taller than him. He wore a dress shirt and dress pants. He was a mean looking man with his hair balding. He didn't smile. He glared out at the students.

"Students," Mr. Lee began. "This is your new Language Learning teacher, Mr. Johann Schmidt. He is from Germany and his english is a little tough, so please don't give him a hard time. The class is all yours, Mr. Schmidt."

Mr. Lee nodded to the students and left. I looked at Rosaline over my shoulder. She gave a me Dude-This-Guy-Looks-Like-A-Killer look. I nodded and turned back to pay attention.

"Hello class," Mr. Schmidt said with a thick German accent. "My name is Mr. Schmidt and as Mr. Lee said, I am from Germany. For the first half of the year, I will be teaching you all the German I can."

I felt someone tap on my shoulder. I turned to see that Bucky was passing me something. I took the piece of paper from him. It was a note. It read: "who is this guy? -Buck". Below it, in Rosaline's neat writing, it said, "I know right? looks like a murder -Rosaline".

"he has to be good. Mr. Lee wouldn't've hired him if he wasn't -Steve"

I passed the note back to Bucky. Mr. Schmidt was now sitting at his desk, doing the attendance.

"Barnes, James," he called.

"Here!" Bucky said.

"Barnes, Rosaline."

"Present," Rosaline said, raising her hand.

Bucky passed me the note back. It read: "you don't know that. Mr. Phillips and Mr. Fury, remember? -Buck"

"yeah, but they're nice. Mr. Lee wouldn't hire a potential murder to teach, especially a school full of superpowered students. -Steve"

I passed the note to Bucky. He read it and passed it to Rosaline, who was doodling on her exercise book. She read the note and wrote something.

"Rogers, Steve," Mr. Schmidt said.

"Here, sir," I said. Mr. Schmidt looked up at me. He glared hard at me. I kept his glare, watching as his eyes narrowed and soon went back to the computer screen.

"Stark, Tony," he said.

"Here?" Tony said, sounding uneasy.

I felt a tap on my shoulder. I took the note from Bucky and read what Rosaline had wrote.

First, she had written: "I agree with Ste" but then that as crossed out and replaced with: "there's something wrong with him. -Rosaline". Underneath, Bucky had wrote: "gotta look into him -Buck".

"I'm in -Steve"