Chapter Twenty Six

*Steve's POV*

I was mad at Bucky and Rosaline for what they did at first, but afterwards, when it finally sunk in that Peggy liked me back and she had actually agreed to go to the Winter Formal with me, I wasn't so mad anymore. The only bad thing about it all was that I didn't know how to dance.

This was gonna be a problem. How was I supposed to dance with Peggy when I didn't even know how to dance? Well, I must've been desperate because I found myself walking to walking to Rosaline's room after school that day to ask her for dancing lessons.

Rosaline and I had been friends for as long as I can remember. She was basically a sister to me and asking her to teach me how to slow dance seemed kind of...weird. Especially since it meant I'd actually have to slow dance with her.

I walked up to Rosaline's door and knocked. Rosaline opened and smiled up at me.

"Hey Steve," she said, sounding chipper. "What's up?"

"I need your help," I said.

"The Super Soldier needs MY help. Must be serious. Come in."

She stepped aside and I walked in. Rosaline closed the door behind her and crossed her arms, waiting for me to explain.

"After asking Peggy to the dance today, I realized I have no idea how to dance and, well, you're a girl and a pretty good dancer if I remember correctly, so I was hoping you could help me."

I waited for Rosaline to laugh and ridicule me for not knowing how to dance. But instead, she smiled and dropped her arms to her sides.

"Steve, of course I'll help you! What are friends for?" she asked. "Here, let me get some space and set up some music for us to dance to."

Using her telekinesis powers, Rosaline moved some things around to make some room. She grabbed her iPod and plugged it into the docking station and a slow song began to play.

"Guess it's true, I'm no good at a one night stand. But I still need love cause I'm just a man," sang her iPod. Rosaline walked over to me and held her hand out. I took a deep break and took her hand in mine.

"Okay," she said. "First, hold my right hand like this." She intertwined our fingers together. "Then take your other hand and put it here." She took my right hand and placed it on her hip. "If you want to get daring, you can wrap your whole arm around her waist, but I wouldn't recommend that right now."

I chuckled.

"Now what?" I asked.

"Idiot," she teased. "Just move to the music."

"Won't you stay with me? Cause you're all I need. This ain't love, it's clear to see. But darling, stay with me."

I moved my body back and forth, swaying to the song.

"Ah, crap, sorry!" I said when I stepped on Rosaline's foot. She laughed and shook her head.

"Don't worry about it. It'll happen," she said. "Try not to watch your feet so much. Look at me. Just concentrate on moving and don't worry too much about your feet."

I nodded. I looked into Rosaline's eyes as we danced. No, this isn't the part of the story where I tell you I ended up falling in love with Rosaline because I didn't. Like I said earlier, she's like a sister to me and I don't see her any other way.

We continued to sway to the music. I finally got it. I felt proud of myself.

I smirked and said, "You have pretty eyes."

"Back off, Star Spangle. I have a boyfriend who's a Norse God," she laughed.

"What? Can't a guy give a girl a complement?"

We both laughed this time.

"Stay with me. Cause your all I need. This ain't love, it's clear to see. But darling, stay with me." The song ended and another came on. Rosaline smiled up at me.

"Think you're getting the hang of it?" she asked.

"I think so," I confirmed.

"That's great."

"Am I interrupting something?"

Rosaline and I jumped to see Loki standing at the now open door. I swallowed hard. He didn't look happy.

*******

*Rosaline's POV*

"Hey Loki," I said, a bit scared of his look. "W-What are you doing here?"

"I came over to ask if you wished to have lunch with me tomorrow, but you were not answering the door when I knocked and it was unlocked, so I opened it." He looked at Steve. If looks could kill, Steve would be dead.

Steve took this as his cue to leave.

"I gotta go. Thanks for the help, Ross. See you later," he said and raced out of the room. I looked up at my boyfriend. He was obviously not happy at all.

"Loki-" I started.

"What the hell was going on between you two?" he growled through his teeth. He was kind of scaring me, but I wouldn't let up. I walked over to my iPod and unplugged it from it's docking station.

"Steve asked the girl he likes to the Winter Formal earlier today and he doesn't know how to dance so I was helping him," I replied, not looking at Loki. I felt his cold hand close around my arm and he spun me around to face him. I winced at the cold coming from his hand.

"Look at me when you're speaking," he hissed. I was really getting scared now. Last time I had seen Loki jealous, he had ended up getting the crap beat out of him. No doubt Bucky would kill him if he hurt me in any way.

"Loki," I whimpered, crumpling under his gaze and his hard grip on my wrist. "You-your h-hand."

"What's going on between you and Rogers?" he demanded, ignoring my comment.

"Nothing, Loki, I swear. He's only my friend," I said. I leaned against the desk to keep me up. I let out a yelp as Loki's hand seemed to drop in temperature. The cold shot up my arm as he did so. "Loki, you're hurting me. Stop! You know I'd never cheat on you. I love you!"

That seemed to do the trick. Loki's face softened as he realized what he was doing. He let go of my wrist and backed up. I held my wrist in one hand and looked up at Loki. He looked upset and guilty.

"I-I'm so sorry," he said. "I just-I was-"

"Jealous," I finished. "It's okay, Loki. You have every right to be. If I walked into your room and seen you slow dancing with some girl, I'd be jealous too."

Loki looked down at his hands. I could tell he was upset about what he did. I walked over to my boyfriend and cupped his face in my hands to make him look at me.

"I know you would never hurt me," I told him. "I know you think you're a monster and everything, but you're not. I know the real you and the real you is the sweetest guy I've ever met in my whole life. And I love that guy, Loki. I love you."

His beautiful blue eyes looked down into mine.

"I love you, too, Lady Barnes," he said. I smiled and got onto the tips of my toes to kiss him.

Loki wrapped his arms around my waist and I wrapped mine around his neck. We kept each other close. We found our way to the bed. I snuggled into Loki's chest and listened to his heart beating. I was lucky to have Loki. He was the best boyfriend ever and I loved him.