Chapter Thirty Seven

*Rosaline's POV

I awoke in my empty dorm room on December 25th. Christmas day. Christmas was usually a joyous time, but with Bucky gone, Christmas seemed darker.

I didn't expect to go home this year, but I did expect to spend the holidays with my brother, the only family I had at this school. Now he was gone, kidnapped and brainwashed, and I had to spend the holidays alone.

I rolled over onto my side, no desire to get up. I closed my eyes, hoping to spend the day sleeping.

There was a knock on the door. With a flick of my wrist, I unlocked it and just lay still on my bed. Most of my friends were gone home for the holidays, except for Bruce and Steve so I knew it was probably one of them.

I heard the door creak open then close as whoever it was entered. I lay on my side, not looking at them at all. There was no noise for a moment, then I felt the side of the bed go down and an arm wrap around my waist.

"Happy Christmas, love," whispered Loki. I rolled over to face him.

"Merry Christmas," I whispered back. "What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be gone back to Asgard?"

"I didn't want to go. I knew you'd need someone to spend the day with you."

I snuggled my head into his chest and listened to his heart beat. I stared at the opposite wall as Loki wrapped his arms around me. He placed his left hand on the small of my back and began to trace circles as we laid together. I've never cried in front of anyone before. I've never shown weakness since I got my powers and became the freak of the town. But at this moment, the dam broke and I began to cry.

I buried my head in Loki's chest and let the tears fall down my cheeks as I cried. Loki held me close and just let me cry.

It wasn't fair. None of this was fair. I missed Bucky more than anything. I wish I knew some way to figure out where he was. I wish I could reverse time and stop him from being taken. All I wanted was my brother, my boyfriend, my best guy friend and the happy Christmas I thought we were going to have together.

"Mr. Lee was going to gather the remaining students in the cafeteria for a Christmas breakfast," Loki said. "Do you want to go?"

"I didn't know Asgardians celebrated Christmas," I said.

"We have our own version of it," Loki explained. "But I think I like the Midgard version better."

I rested my head on Loki's chest, the tears starting to dry up. "I'll go to the cafeteria in a second. I just want to lie here for now."

Loki kissed the top of my head. "I'll lay with you as long as you need, love."

I wrapped my arm around Loki's middle and hugged him. "Thank you, Loki."

*******

*Sue's POV*

All my friends had left for Christmas break. I was left alone, sitting in the cafeteria in my fuzzy PJs eating the breakfast pancakes the cooks had made and watching the other friends sitting around and enjoying themselves.

"Hey you."

I turned to see Reed standing behind me with a tray of breakfast for himself.

"Hey," I said. "I didn't know you were still here."

"Yeah, well I didn't really feel like going home," Reed said. "Mind if I sit?"

I gestured to the seat next to me. Reed sat down and placed his food in front of him. I looked over his breakfast; eggs, bacon, toast, some cereal, and a glass of orange juice.