Another Mystery

Chapter dedicated to Skye for being a proper mate.

(Updated the chapter so it was from Dipper's point of view)

After the chaos resulting from Bill Cipher, the twins Mabel and Dipper had a month left in Gravity Falls before they left for Piedmont and they're normal everyday life. This was remarkable in a way as Weirdmageddon happened just a few days before they were meant to leave. It was as Ford put it one of the weirdest things about the entire event. (If you discount the floating baby heads and many of the other phenomena that is.) So with the journals unburned and the world a less weird place our story begins in earnest.

I awoke to the smell of Stancakes and the feeling of musty wind on my face. The wind tore through the attic much like pouring water through a sieve. I shivered. I dressed in my trademark T-shirt and vest and jogged downstairs to greet my Grunkles. "Morning Stan, morning Ford, do I smell some Stancakes?".

"You did, yes!" Stan cried tossing the remaining face into his own and laughing after, causing him to choke raising a chuckle from Ford and gleeful laughter from Mabel who had since joined them from upstairs. Pouring some cereal for myself I wondered about what we were going to do here for the rest of our time in Gravity Falls. I asked Ford. "Ford, since all the journals are all back does this mean the end of your research?"

"No, my boy; having my journals back is excellent but there is still much to learn from the myriad of fauna and flora which survived the end of Bill's reign, and since you're not staying here for an apprenticeship I suggest we get working on it right away." Mabel sat bolt upright in her chair, Ford paused and finished. "and Mabel should come to as well."

"Mystery Twins!" she squealed rubbing the top of my head affectionately but still enough to hurt.

"Woah, woah, woah Ponitdexter. Don't go taking away my employees, I'll need em now thanks to that triangles antics." Stan's coughing had just abated.

"Just the weekdays Stanley, I'm sure the shack won't fall down if these two tearaways aren't in it. Besides it'll probably be safer if anything." and Ford whispered "There could be a couple of green ones in it for you."

"Good enough for me, b'sides, still got my other two employees. Speaking of which..." The shack's bell rang as if on cue. Soos stumbled through the door to the kitchen giving a quick fist bump to me and a salute to Mabel.

"Morning dudes, Mr and Mr Pines sir." Soos said.

"Never call us that again." Ford and Stanley said in unison and shuddered at each other. "There are some things which shouldn't be considered even in terrible fanfiction." Ford continued; visibly distressed by Soos's greeting.

The door jangled again as Wendy strolled into the kitchen trapper hat in place hiding the majority of her fiery ginger hair. "Morning everyone." she trilled as she flicked the kettle on and sat, feet on the table, magazine in hand. "So what's the plan for today?" It was as if Weirdmageddon had never happened. She just took it all in her stride, that was probably the reason why I still loved her even though she'd turned me down. I realised I'd been staring a little too long and turned back to Ford.

"Dipper, Mabel and myself are going to research the aftermath of Weirdmageddon, you're more then welcome to join us, I suspect your tracking skills may come in handy." Ford replied.

"Why not, love doing stuff with friends." winking at Mabel and me. I feel me cheeks heat up and butterflies flutter in my stomach just for a second.

"Sure take all my employees." Stan spat.

"Stanley, you're making a months extra pay this summer already this will hardly hurt your finances." Ford retorted. Stan nodded. "Well that settles it, I heard that some of those weirdness bubbles were still around. We best be off. " 

I get up to leave just behind the others. Stan, Soos remain seated in the kitchen. The kettle boils.

"That's coming out of her pair." Stan grumbled.

(Thanks for reading guys.)