twenty

. . .

ryland's pova/n: sorry if you got loads of notifications that i updated, i forgot to add pictures for the past few chapters so i just did it now

ryland's pov
a/n: sorry if you got loads of notifications that i updated, i forgot to add pictures for the past few chapters so i just did it now. enjoy!!

"where are we gonna stay?" i asked shane frantically, panicking. it was 1am, and we'd been driving round aimlessly for the last two hours in attempt to find somewhere to sleep.

"ryland, it's not my fault that they won't rent out a room to minors." he snapped back, running his hands through his hair. we were tired and growing irritable due to lack of sleep; we'd been awake over twenty-four hours.

he took a sharp turn onto a road full of small houses, and from the light of his motorbike i could see that most of them looking well kept except one stood out. instead of having a neat garden, the grass was long and unruly. there was no cars outside, a lack of human activity evident.

"stop." i ordered shane, who shot me a confused look before halting the bike a few feet away from the house. "this place looks abandoned." i thought aloud, jumping off as shane followed close behind me. we both opened the torch applications on our phone, creating beams of light in front of us.

we pushed open the gate, crushing weeds and dead plants under our feet and slowly walking up the path toward the front door. shane twisted the handle, yet it was locked. i tried kicking it open, but nothing happened.

"well that's our plan fucked." i muttered in annoyance, "clearly it hasn't been entered in at least a year but it's been locked." we stood puzzled for a few seconds, pondering our next move. i considered smashing a window, but where would that get us? not very far.

"this is shit. i thought things were gonna be easy, us against the world." shane groaned loudly, kicking a big plant pot in annoyance. it crashed to the ground and smashed into little pieces. i winced for a second before my eyes caught sight of something glinting in the mess of soil and china.

shane leaned down to a crouch, carefully picking out the shining object to reveal a key. i let out a surprised laugh as he turned to me with a wide smirk, telling me how he totally meant for that to happen. i rolled my eyes and watched him open the door with one definite push, revealing an immaculate house albeit the dust that coated everything.

"oh my god." shane whispered excitedly, pulling me inside and shutting the door behind us. directing my torch in front of us, there was large sofas, a television stand (no television, perhaps someone had been here before and taken that) and a kitchen.

i ran into the kitchen and fumbled with the taps, cold water rushing out of it. as i did this, shane flicked a switch and the room was lit up. we stared at each other in surprise, throwing our bags to the floor and investigating.

"this is insane..." he whispered, "someone's still paying for the water and electricity but clearly hasn't been here in years... we could totally stay here, and set everything up!" he added excitedly, jumping up and down.