f i v e

"The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them."

E. Hemmingway

"Well, Dhruv who do you have in the family." It was an hour after their visit to the doctor and she was already bored.

Her gaze shifted when Dhruv turned towards her, his eyes didn't look an exact shade of happiness.

"Okay, we need to get done with this?" He kept his mobile on the table.

"Look Anushka I know we have to spend almost a year with each other but that doesn't change the relationship we have, a professional relation. I might have been very friendly but that is to help you. I hope we don't get to each other's personal life." His voice taunting.

"You do what you have been paid for." He shrugged as he turned back to his mobile.

Her position stiffen. She sulked when she realised she was crossing the boundary line and he just reminded her, her limits.

.

Anushka washed her face with cold water, splashing it all over her warm forehead. Gripping the basin she locked her eyes with herself, she was scared and hurt. Her eyes were red with all the cryings. She wanted someone beside her now. It was the third day of taking the injection and the feeling was not good, she was not fine and she was not sure whom to share the fact with.

"Dhruv!" She yelled as she felt pressure on her head, her head literally taking rounds and spinning.

"Dhruv!" She cried out her voice bursting with pain, she was not sure that she might make it to the bed, she was in pain.

"Oh my god!" Dhruv entered in his pyjamas and shirt, he was working on his new assignment. 

"Anushka!" He pulled her by the waist, his arms wrapping around her stomach above her tank top. He could easily see her flushed face, her red nose, her swollen eyes and she didn't look good.

"Stay with me, don't close your eyes." He whispered grasping her in his arms, laying her on the mattress. He wiped the sweats and water off her face. She gazed up, her eyes ready to shut down.

"I don't feel good, my head is spinning, my ankle is hurting, I feel pain." Her voice was sore as a lone tear rolled down her cheek escaping past her ear.

"Can you.." Her voice trailed off not sure whether she should ask him to help her or not, she was not sure even if she looked presentable or not. Her eyes closing as she snapped back and locked her eyes with his worried ones.

"Tell me, what shall I do?" His voice soft calming her nerves as he punched the doctor's number.

"Can you just caress my head, I want to sleep."She said and closed her eyes as the pain shot back in her head.

Dhruv nodded as he softly talked to the doctor who said it was normal for few as the body often reacts negatively to the human-made hormones being injected. He gazed back to the lady wincing at every third second as he softly caressed her head trying to brush off all of her pains.

Her eyes softly turning back to the shape it was, her breathes slowly turning slow, he continued caressing her head for more hours and pulled the duvet over her body, he was scared for her. It was the first step and she was already in pain, he was doubting his decision of going for IVF.

"You will be fine."He whispered and walked back to his room for bringing his laptop and files as he was not sure if he could leave her alone. He walked to the couch and settled himself over it, shifting slightly at times and working rapidly on his work. It was halfway to the morning when he saw her shifting. Frowning he ran to her and sat beside her head on the large queen bed. His hand working on her head as she relaxed.