n i n e

(After the fertilised egg is implanted on Anushka's ovary. She is four days pregnant now. )

Anushka rolled over her bed, careful of her move. She was tired of being in the same room, looking at the same walls and smiling at the same nurses for the whole five days. She was still not habituated to the growing baby in her womb. She was scared she might crush the baby and that's the reason she changed her habit of sleeping on her stomach.

Her hands tired of protecting the baby moved to her mobile, swiping up the screen and unlocking it she shifted and sat on her buttocks, tired of her back resting horizontally on the bed. She opened the camera by clicking on its icon and click the forth sunset in the week. She was glad her bedroom and the large two-poster sized window allowed her to see the beautiful sun setting down by the shores. And it was delightful for her, the clouds made her feel satisfied.

"Sunset, again?" His voice was soft as he took the seat beside her bed, his hand holding onto the white package as he kept it on the side table.

"Only thing which hasn't bored me till now." She mocked at him as he chuckled.

"I got you something?" He pointed at the package.

"Food? Did the doctor gave permission?" She asked annoyed. She doesn't want to open the food and then not eat it because that is what happened a day before when the doctor asked her not to eat.

"I did, plus you are going to get discharged today."He smiled and she nodded happily.

"When are we returning back?" She asked softly reminding herself to be within her limits.

"Tomorrow." He slowly picked the package and opened it to show her the food inside.

"Khichdi?" Her eyes sparkled, only Indian food she was asking for.

"Did I asked for it?" She frowned confused, she does not remember telling him it was her favourite.

"Actually yes, you were mumbling its name while sleeping."He laughed and her eyes widened.

"You are lying." She remarked.

"Yes, I am. It was the only lunch available now so."He admitted and she cried out of happiness taking the bucket of rice and spooning herself while his eyes widened at the realisation that she was going to eat all of it alone and he has to go to get himself another bucket.

"It's really good, Well better than the ugly soup." Her voice muffled as she took another spoon of it.

"They give much for a single person."Her eyes frowning when she realised the volume of the bucket was more than what she assumed it to be.

"Because it is for two." he shrugged, his voice playful as she looked at him surprised.

"Oh my god! I never realised ." Her voice trailed off as she apologised.

"That's okay. I will get myself another one."

"Ya, right." She shrugged getting back to her food when he stared at her amused. 

.

"Anushka?" His voice was soft as she took the seat on the bed back.

"Yes." She asked pulling the blanket back.

"You mind," His voice trailed as he scratched his beard.

"You mind me feeling the baby."He asked softly as she nodded after taking her time.

"You won't feel anything but, yes. Above my gown." She commanded shrugging.

"Right." He said jumping to her and keeping his palm on her flat stomach. 

She gazed up at him as his expression turned satisfied, she was sure all he could feel was her flat flesh and voice of her full stomach nothing more but knowing his baby was inside it made him feel content.

"Thank you." He mumbled softly as he pulled his hand back and turned to get the discharge papers ready.

Anushka smiled softly.

The past days were turning point for her, she had lied down on the bed with her legs wide spread in front of numerous doctors and nurses, the thirty-minute in the room was not physically painful but was mentally exhausting for her. As soon as the operation got over, he was there, therefor his baby and she knew it very well but it felt good to have someone to care. He was there when she had to walk to the washroom and do pee and he was there sleeping on the small rock bed in the hospital taking care of the baby and at that point of her. All the process was forced but his kindness was melting her and she was scared she might not be able to leave the baby she was carrying and him.

He walked to the reception area, his mind turning back to her. He was sure Anushka had started meaning more than a surrogate mother to him, her constant attempts of keeping distance and her understanding smile made him realised it would be tough to let her go. The doctors had told him to not keep the mother at his own place but he had insisted telling he didn't want to take any chances with the baby

. . .

Double Updates? 

Vote.