s i x

"Smile in the mirror. Do that every morning and you'll start to see a big difference in your life."

~Yoko Ono~

Sunlight showered her features as she gazed up at the clouds, her smile content as she felt cool grass touching her arms and her feet, the cool breeze ran over her figure. Her palm running across the grass beside her waist. It was another thing she did in here except talking to Dhruv or sleeping or reading. The weather has suddenly drifted to the cooler side and she was glad.

Clearing of throat pulled her back, she opened her eyes and winced when sunlight refracted through her cornea, sitting up she looked at her companion, Dhruv. He sat beside her with few fruits and coffee.

"Here." Forwarding the glass he said to her. His track pants hugging his muscular legs, it was tough for her to believe he had one of those pairs of legs when she never saw him working out.

"I have to go to the hospital today."His voice was hoarse as he took the bite of the apple. She frowned, they were supposed to go for the ultrasound day after tomorrow.

"I have to go through some checkup." he nodded avoiding the exact thing he was going to be there for her.

"For?" She asked curiously, isn't she the one who has to go for most of the checkups?

"For something."He shrugged and she nodded getting it that he doesn't want to tell her whatever it is, and she was fine with it. They were not some best buddies to share every fact.

"You mind me coming with you?" She asked softly.

"Why, is there something important?" He said defending.

"I am bored staying here for so long, it been almost ten days now." She confessed. 

They were in the hotel for long now and they had grown this small bond where he would take care of the timing of her food and her meds, would try taking out time to talk to her.

"We can go when I will return."He suggested.

"Right, you will go miles to the hospital and then after doing your work you will come miles back and then again miles to the market or whatever. I don't get it. Whatever it might be in the hospital I am not interested."She shrugged. 

She was totally interested but seeing him so uncomfortable she thought of avoiding it.

"I think you should go, I will walk around the hotel, it's big enough to entertain me though."She smiled sadly and stood up taking the empty bowls.

Her feet slow, she knew he was going to call back, he was not rude these days but concerned because the baby and its surrogate mother was his priority right now and she very well knew that by now.

"Okay, fine. Get ready in ten."His voice roared and she nodded seeing nowhere and controlled the sequel which was about to escape her mouth. 

Dhruv smiled sadly at her retreating figure. He was getting used to their routine, he liked how she was all calm and happy all day even after going through regular medicines and boredom.

.

Her heels clicked on the floor as she walked beside him slowing down her steps a little as they approached the reception area. She walked to the couch signalling him trying to give him his privacy.

He walked to the reception and his pants clenched around his long legs as he leaned on the table, his eyes scanning over the lady in black. She smiled softly at him and asked him about the name, Anushka didn't want to hear but it was like she had those pair of ears already up.