Chapter 4

It had been exactly a month since Chuuya took Dazai home from the hospital, and Dazai had finally started to become more confident. He was no longer afraid of Chuuya shouting at him and he certainly wasn't afraid of people.

"Dazai, get back here right now or I'll wring your neck!" Chuuya shouted as Dazai sprinted out of Chuuya's apartment, his hat in his hand. Chuuya sprinted after him, determined not to give Dazai his third near-victory this week.

"Only if you can catch me!" Dazai called back, continuing to sprint down the corridors, avoiding anyone who happened to be in the way. Chuuya, however, had no need to dodge. Everyone immediately parted to either side of the corridor when they heard him shouting.

"Oh you bet I will, and you'll regret ever being born!" Chuuya used his ability and shot ahead of Dazai, blocking the exit to the corridor. "Gotcha!"

Dazai skidded to a halt, looking around frantically. He yanked open a door, and ran inside, slamming it behind himself. When Chuuya opened the door, however, Dazai was nowhere in sight.

"I know you're in here, Dazai, you better come out before I really do start tearing the place apart." Chuuya's menacing voice put most people on edge, but Dazai wasn't phased by it at all and stayed hidden. Chuuya stepped further into the room, pulling open cupboards and bending down to look under the desk.

Dazai rushed out from behind the door and made a run for it. When Chuuya tried to open the door, he found it to be locked.

"Daazzaaii!"

The door was the reason Chuuya got a decreased salary payment that month.

Eventually, Chuuya managed to catch Dazai, who threw the hat up in the air in defeat, causing Chuuya to let go of him and jump up to catch it. Despite having been caught, Dazai loved the chase and giggled with delight.

"That's it, Dazai, no milk for you tonight!" Chuuya was seething and Dazai could see that, however, no matter the punishment, Chuuya's reaction was worth it every time, or so he thought.

Dazai always had a glass of warm milk before bed, sweetened with a big spoonful of honey. Chuuya didn't question the want for it, but just gave Dazai what he wanted. He found it a little easier to cope that way since Dazai wouldn't whine. Dazai was feeling a little sullen now that he realised he really wasn't getting his milk, even if he did whine. Instead, he dragged himself off to his bed, deciding to try to sleep without it. Chuuya, who was exhausted, also went to his room and got ready for bed as well. In fact, he was just getting comfortable when the door opened and Dazai poked his head round the door.

"Chuuya...I can't sleep..." He whined, causing Chuuya to think about just slamming the door in his face and forgetting he existed.

"Dazai...have you tried?" He replied irritably, not wanting to move from his own bed.

"Yes..." Dazai answered, "But I can't sleep..."

"I know, you told me that already. Why can't you sleep?"

"I don't know...I just can't..."

Chuuya sighed and got out of bed again, muttering angrily under his breath.

"Sorry, Chuuya..." Dazai mumbled, looking down at his feet.

"I bet it's the damn milk, isn't it? You know what? I can't even be bothered at this point. I'll get you your damn milk then maybe you can give me some peace and quiet." Chuuya continued to mutter similar phrases as he got Dazai his glass of milk; Dazai following him around until Chuuya snapped and told him to 'Sit down or I really will throw you out!'