Chapter 15

"Chuuya, I'm tired," Dazai whined as Chuuya dragged him down the corridor.

"Now isn't the time to be difficult, Dazai, I have precisely half an hour to sort this out before I go away on the mission,"

"But I don't want you to go on a mission,"

"I don't have a choice, Dazai, now quit whining before I lock you in a room and leave you there for a whole day instead."

"But Chuuyaaaaaa,"

Chuuya ignored him and reached the meeting room, opening the doors and pulling Dazai in behind him.

"Thank you for meeting so suddenly, but I have a bit of a problem on my hands."

Hirotsu, Gin, Tachihara, Kaiji, and Akutagawa turned their heads towards him, nodding and already suspecting the reason for their sudden convergence.

"That's alright, Chuuya, what did you want to see us for?" Hirotsu replied, glancing at where Dazai was grumbling just behind Chuuya.

"Well, as I'm sure you all know, I'm leaving on a mission in half an hour and won't be back until tomorrow. During the time I'm away, I'll need someone to take care of Dazai so that he doesn't do something monumentally stupid."

They all chuckled at that. They had all heard or been involved in Dazai's little incidents so far and they knew that without Chuuya around, that number would probably increase significantly if he wasn't kept under control.

"Well, I'm sorry to say that most of us are quite busy at the moment, Chuuya, especially since there's a mission going on," Tachihara explained and Hirotsu nodded.

"It's quite possible the Black Lizard squad will be called out at a moment's notice, so it wouldn't be wise for either Tachihara or me to take care of Dazai during this time." Hirotsu continued, a nod also coming from Gin who knew, though Chuuya didn't yet, that she had a mission tomorrow morning before Chuuya returned.

Chuuya sighed. "Well..." He scanned the faces, mentally crossing off people who 'apparently' couldn't look after Dazai. After a moment, his gaze fell on Akutagawa. "Akutagawa."

"Yes, Chuuya?"

"Look after Dazai."

Half the group had to hide their smiles and hold in their chuckles. The other half looked at Chuuya in shock."

"M-Me? Look after D-Dazai?" Akutagawa stuttered, looking at the man in question who was currently peering over Chuuya's shoulder.

"That's right, you're not busy for the next day, so take care of him." Chuuya grinned, knowing he shouldn't manipulate Akutagawa but finding that he couldn't resist this one time. "Wouldn't you like to be the one telling Dazai what he can or can't do for once? I'm sure he'll be very grateful once he regains his memories."

"Yes! Of course! I'll take care of him!" Akutagawa replied immediately and at this point, everyone was desperately trying not to grin.

"Great! here you go!" Chuuya unceremoniously shoved Dazai towards Akutagawa, declaring the meeting over and dashing out of the room before Dazai, or anyone else could stop him.

Akutagawa looked at the man standing in front of him. For someone he had always looked up to and wished acknowledgement from, he looked particularly terrified.

Dazai, of course, saw a scary man clad in black with a constant frown on his face and decided that he would stay as far away from that person as possible. Now that he had realised Chuuya had gotten him stuck with the scary man, he just stood still, staring timidly at his temporary guardian.