Chapter eleven: The Queen's boy visitor

CHAPTER ELEVEN: THE QUEEN'S BOY VISITOR

"Why didn't Tooth tell us that she's a mermaid?" Alexander asked

The whole class was now inside their classroom talking about the previous surprise.

"Yeah, I mean. We'd all accept her if she was. We're not racist, does she think of us like that?" Sam wondered

"Apparently, yes." Felix answered

"Stop it!" Camille shrieked, "She's not mean! She's not thinking that we're racist! She's thinking of what Jack might feel!"

"What?" Mari asked, "After all this time, you knew she was a mermaid. And you didn't tell us?"

"I don't spread around everybody's secrets if you haven't noticed." Camille muttered, "Look, the point is, she's afraid of rejection. She knew what happened to Jack's past mermaid admirers that's why she thought that she had a chance when he met her as a fairy. And also, she wants freedom. If anyone knows that she's the queen, her get away plans will all be ruined."

"Get away plans?" Sheila asked

"She's the queen, she has power, she earns respect, she's always pampered and it's all suffocating her." Camille explained, "If any of us would be treated like that, then we would like it but apparently, royals love the life of a commoner."

"So she's not like any other mermaid we've already met?" Kimberly asked

"No." Camille simply replied, "Hold on, Tooth's yelling in her mind."

-

"Where are we going?" Jack asked

"Quiet. I'm thinking." Tooth replied

"Look, I know you're a queen but you will not treat me like that. You're not my queen, you know." Jack muttered

Tooth sighed, "Alright, I'm sorry. I'm just thinking. I want to know what happened to the others."

Tooth stayed silent for a minute or two.

"The others want us back up there. Asap." Tooth said

"What are we gonna do?" Jack asked

"We wait. I have to go back home to go to this other place." Tooth said, "You can go with me if you want."

"Yeah, alright. I'll go with you. I won't risk myself getting more hurt."

-

"Dad, I'm home." Tooth announced as she entered a huge house-like structure made of corals

Jack looked at everything in awe as he swam slowly behind Tooth.

"Tooth, your kingdom looks amazing." Jack breathed, "It's sad to think that some mermaids ruin this place's reputation."

"They're not from here, Jack." Tooth stated, "I don't see them around here. And besides, all mermaids that grow here know who the queen is. When you're the current ruler, it's your responsibility to teach them what's right and wrong."

"Oh. You have nice rules." Jack commented

Tooth nodded then they proceeded inside the coral house.

"Dad! Where are you?" Tooth called

A female mermaid with black hair and a red tail swam towards the two.

"Oh! Jack, this is my nanny since I was two, Miss Marianella. Nanny, this is Jack, my classmate." Tooth said

"It's nice to meet you, Miss Marianella." Jack smiled

"You can call me nanny, Jack." Marianella replied, "Thiana, your father's not home but he should be any minute now."