Chapter thirteen: Little Toothsie's Jackie boy

CHAPTER THIRTEEN: LITTLE TOOTHSIE'S JACKIE BOY

"Nanny, what have I done?" Tooth asked as she wept on her nanny's shoulder

The banquet had ended quickly after the small argument. Scarlett had been forced to apologize to the queen and she was sent home for multiple lectures. Meanwhile, Tooth, Marianella, and Olga had gotten back to the carriage.

"You didn't do anything wrong, Tooth. You did what was right and defended your subjects. Meanwhile, if Jack really is the one for you, he'd accept your apology and he'll come back, which I'm sure he will do." Marianella said

Tooth looked up at her nanny.

"I'm gonna look for him, Nanny. I'll be back in a while." Tooth said

-

"Dumb Tooth, doesn't know what's right and wrong." Jack muttered

Jack went back to the surface, trying to find his way back. He felt something cold running down his cheeks and wiped it, feeling a much colder liquid.

"I'm crying? No! No I will not cry just because of," he paused, "Tooth."

Jack groaned, "What's happening to me?!"

He felt a pair of hands make its way to the front of his stomach from his back and something wet being leaned against his back.

"I'm sorry, Jack." It was Tooth

"Tooth, I-. No. You shouldn't be sorry. You did your role and I didn't let that get through my thick skull." Jack whispered

"So you're not mad at me?"

"A little but you could be forgiven." Jack smiled sheepishly

Tooth giggled lightly in response and hugged Jack tighter.

-

Tooth slept peacefully in her home that night. She slept on her bed and he was given a room for the night. Jack laid down on his bed just staring at the ceiling. Marianella peeked in the room and saw the still awake boy.

"Why aren't you sleeping yet?" Marianella asked

"I can't sleep, Nanny." Jack answered truthfully, "I can't stop thinking."

"Should we talk about it over a cup of coffee?" Marianella asked

Jack stood up from the bed and followed Marianella to the kitchen. The female mermaid prepared two cups of coffee for them both then placed it on the table.

"You'd be surprised on how much your world is alike with ours." Marianella said, "Now, about your thoughts. What were you thinking?"

"Well, uh, well I was thinking about Tooth, Nanny. You see, she's been infiltrating my mind for a few hours now, normally she's just another friend, but somehow, she's different. I think her tail or wing made its way to my heart." Jack said

"What do you see in her?"

"That's just the point, I don't know. It's just like, 'Oh, Tooth's here, no point of concealing anything'. But when I look at her eyes, I stare at it a little bit longer than normal but in those eyes, it's like I'm seeing my future flashing before my eyes. Future with children, future with grandchildren, with a great job, and," the last few words were barely audible, "married to Tooth, living out the rest of my life dedicated to some random girl who had stood up for me numerous times."

"I don't actually want to tell you this straightforward, but Jack, you're in love, and I know that you know this already, I'm just confirming it." Marianella said, a small smile on her lips, "Now go on, look at your little Toothsie and go back to bed."