The Flight

Nicole's POV:

"Hey, baby. Are you okay? You're not picking up, and there's something that I need you to know. Call me back ASAP. It's urgent."

I looked down at the text I got from Daddy followed by 10 missed calls. I had left my phone in my room while I went downstairs and played with Talley, making myself some coffee. Urgent? What could be urgent? Frowning, I called him to make sure he was okay. The phone rang once and he immediately picked up.

"Nicole! Thank god you're okay!" He sounded out of breath.

"Daddy... What's going on..?" He called me Nicole..

"Baby girl," ah, there it is, "the Tellers' men came by the office today. Apparently they offered a better job to the employees here. I lost a lot of people. Right now, I'm just trying to get things situated. The airport is a mess, and people are missing their flights..." There was a pause. "I wouldn't normally ask you to do this on such short notice, but Biersack Airlines is desperate here. I'm desperate." 

Without even letting him finish where he was going with this, all I said was, "I'll help out."

"Thank you, baby, thank you so much... I'll have Clarence come and pick you up."

"Okay.. Should I dress professional?"

"Come in whatever. I have some more things to ask you."

Panic started setting in. What could he possibly need? I said I would help him with this mess, what else could there be?

Not that long after our phone call, Clarence pulled up into the long driveway. I quickly grabbed my things and rushed out. Clarence already had opened the back passenger door for me.

"Thank you so much, Clarence," I said gratefully."

"No problem, Miss Brown. We need all the help we can get at BA, especially yours." He shut the door carefully then got into the driver's spot. 

I only nodded. Worry was racing through me, shooting adrenaline through my body. 

We got to the headquarters faster than we normally did. I was glad Clarence was rushing. Although I did want us to get into an accident, I also didn't want to keep Daddy waiting.

When he parked on the side of the street, without hesitation, I rushed out of the car and into the building. Kimberly was nowhere to be seen. Taking the elevator up, I tapped my foot anxiously. I never realized how slow this elevator was until I was in a hurry to get to the office.

I practically jumped into Daddy's arms as I ran out the elevator doors; he was already waiting there for me. "What do you need help with? What's going on?" I surveyed the floor. He was right. Many people had left, but the one person who I thought would be right by Daddy's side, wasn't. Jessica. 

I looked up at Daddy, confused. "Jessica left?"

"Yeah, I was surprised by that too, but right now we can't think about who or who didn't leave. Right now, we have to get things straightened out down in the airport floor. People are getting angry and anxious. We only have a few planes running. The remaining pilots are getting the others ready, but we lost a lot of flight attendants..." His eyebrows were furrowed when he looked down at me. "I need you to be one. I need you to help people get there luggage and everything in order. Reassure people that they will get to where they need to go."

"Of course!" A part of me was excited that I finally could become what I always wanted to be, but another part of me was terrified. What if I was awful? I was never trained or given specific instructions on how to be a flight attendant.