The Escape

A/N: Whoops, late update. Sorry!

Andy's POV:

I flinched, but I didn't feel anything. Maybe I'm already dead? No, that can't be. I'm still standing...

I looked back at the man in front of me to see his eyes roll back into his head, a bullet hole in his neck that was bleeding profusely. "What the...?"

"Come on, Mr. Biersack, we have to go. The other guards are coming."

Sure enough, I heard running footsteps coming toward us, and fast. I quickly grabbed the gun from the now dead guy's hand and looked behind me. It was Alex.

"Shit, am I glad to see you," I said as we ran the other way, noting that my other gun was in his hand.

"You can thank me later, but we have to get to Nicole." 

I nodded in agreement. I noticed he was wearing very torn clothes and had multiple bruises, cuts, and marks all on him, but he carried himself determinedly.

"You know where she is?!" 

"Yeah, I saw a guard take her to this room when another guard was escorting me back to mine. I've memorized the hallways each time the guards would take me to the interrogation rooms so that when I broke out, I knew exactly where to go," he explained as I followed him.

I only nodded as I ran with him. I just wanted to save Nicole and get the hell out of here. 

We seemed to zigzag through millions of hallways until Alex started slowing down. "It's around here somewhere," he said, scaling the wall.

I looked at him confused. "Alex... That's a wall."

"Mr. Biersack, do you have any imagination? Think about it. If you didn't want anyone to know where a certain room is, you'd keep it secret and hidden, right?" And to my fascination, the halls seemed to thin out a certain way, one barely visible door was in the wall with no other doors around. "I think this is it," he said quietly, motioning for me. "Get your gun at the ready."

I did as I was told. Months ago I never would've thought I'd be in this position. Month ago, I thought I was just a business man without the intention of a close relationship between anyone and me, and damn, how I was wrong.

Alex fumbled with handle, which seemed to be a pull lever of sorts, but whenever he pulled, nothing happened. The door didn't even budge.

I examined the door. If it were a lever, it meant it was holding something either up, down, or in. If that lever were to disappear, whatever it was holding, which most likely is the lock in place, it would spring free. 

With that in mind, I pulled on the back of Alex's shirt to get him to move. "Lets see if this works. Stand back far enough just in case the bullet bounces off the handle," I instructed this time, both of us taking steps back. I held my gun out, aimed carefully at the lever handle, and shot at it. The sound of metal clicking to the hard floor echoed off the cement walls.

Triumphantly, I inwardly celebrated, but I couldn't any other way because the shorts of men were coming from behind us.

"Hey, what was that?" An assumed Tellers' corp. asked.

"I heard that over here!" Shouted another.

"They're probably at the boss' door!"

Without waiting another second, I quickly kicked off the remaining parts of the handle that still hung on and kicked the door open as well.