First Day On The Job

Nicole's POV:

Yesterday's interview went smoothly, I thought... Other than the extremely hot boss staring into my soul. What was I going to do about him? Will he distract me? Oh god, I hope not. I really wanted this job. I always wanted to be a flight attendant since I was a little girl. Airplanes amazed me so much, but he said right now I was just his personal assistant. I'm definitely okay with that, though.

I looked at myself in the mirror for the last time. I had changed outfits at least five times already within the last hour. I decided to go with some black, skinny yoga pants and a plain, bright blue v-neck t-shirt. I put my hair half up and applied some light makeup. I didn't want to look like I was trying too hard.

After I was done, I glanced at my phone's clock. It was 5:13am. I had to be there at 5:30. These early mornings are going to kill me, but at least I get weekends off.

I put on some comfortable shoes and grabbed my bag, heading out the door. "I'll see you later, Talley," I said to my black and white cat as I walked out the door.

I walked down the stairs of my apartment complex and out onto the sidewalk. The streets were crowded, and busy people were rushing to get where they needed to go. Just another day in the life of a New Yorker. I glanced at the time again. 5:17am. I had to fast walk. Good thing I wore comfortable shoes.

When I arrived in front of the airport headquarters, I looked up. This was just like any other business building: extremely tall and intimidating, but it was also attached to the actual airport, which was definitely a good idea, in my opinion. It would be easier to manage things, and I guess that's why Mr. Biersack did it.

I pushed through the revolving doors and walked inside. I said hi to the receptionist at the front desk. I think her name is Kim, but I didn't really look at her name tag too long before I went into the elevator, pushing the top-floor button. It was 5:27am. I was just going to make it.

I watched the lights flash and ding as I went passed each floor. When the top floor finally came, I rushed out into the hallway and into the work place. I saw a lot of heads pop up from their cubicles and desks as I walked passed. It was kind of weird how all of the employees, minus the security guards, were women. Maybe it was to boost Mr. Biersack's ego, although, he doesn't need it.

While avoiding eye contact with any of the other employees, I finally came up to his office door. I could hear Mr. Biersack angrily talking to someone, and I could see their shadows, but I didn't know what to do, so I knocked on it gently a couple of times. When I did that, the talking stopped abruptly. I heard Mr. Biersack say a loud "come in".

I walked in unsure if I was interrupting something when I just barely heard Mr. Biersack tell the man in front of me to leave.

The man was tall and muscular. He looked very professional and very wealthy, but he looked extremely angry, so I just stepped out of his way not wanting to be yelled at as he walked out the door, slamming it shut behind him.

Mr. Biersack sighed heavily as he rubbed his face then ran a hand through his hair, messing it up slightly. He looked exhausted and angry, but when he looked up at me, he smiled.

"Good morning, Miss Brown," he said to me, motioning to the seat in front of his desk. "Sit down. I'll tell you some things you can start on."

I nodded my head and sat down, holding my bag on my lap in front of me. I wanted to ask about the man who was in here, but it really wasn't my business unless Mr. Biersack told me it was.