Chapter Six: The Not So Perfect, Perfect Date

"Stop fussing, you look fine, Finn." Gaten advised as he watched his friend stumble all over the room in search for his shoes.

Finn's tie dangled from his neck, his shirt was only half on, and his hair was a mess.
He had attempted to comb it, but it only seemed to curl up even more.

Caleb and Noah also watched, very amused. Finn had never really been the type to date anyone. He was always the single one in the group, they teased him for it but he claimed he was saving everything for the right girl. He just hadn't met her yet. He never really cared much about how he looked, but now he was putting in effort, something he rarely did.

If there was one they could all agree on, it was that Finn Wolfhard was swooning over the moon for Millie Bobby Brown. He had fallen, he had fallen hard for that smiling strange girl.

"I just want it to be perfect, for her." He shyly admitted, looking in the mirror.

"What do you have planned?" Noah asked

"First, i'll take her to the theater and we'll watch whatever she wants. We'll go on a walk through the park, i packed some snacks for a small picnic. I know she likes being outside. Then we'll go out to eat at that fancy dinner place by the pier" Finn informed, trying to adjust his poorly knotted tie.

"You got a reservation!? That place is harder to get into than Area 51," Caleb exclaimed

"Some people are worth it, some people deserve the world." Finn let out, a small smile on his lips though he seemed to be lost in his thoughts. He couldn't forget that file, he couldn't.

"Well, we wish you luck Finnlard." Gaten said, putting his arm around Finn.

"Oh, do you mind if you drive me to Millie's house? Sadie is there and we planned to go bowling later." Noah asked, causing Gaten and Caleb to give confused looks. They stood their awkwardly, wanting to ask but knowing it wasn't in their place to. Finn finally broke the silence.

"Sure, lets go."
---------------------------

"Millie! For the thousandth time, YOU LOOK FABULOUS." Sadie assured, laying on Millie's bed, watching Millie pace back and forth.

"Are you sure? How does my outfit look? What do you even do on dates? What if i mess something up? Finn's probably been on so many dates, and here i am. Haven't even gotten my first kiss, yet alone gone on a date. Should i even go for it Sads? Is it even going to last? I won't last....i just dont want to hurt him in the end."
Millie let out, looking down at her nude flats.

Sadie sprung from the bed, sitting infront of Millie.

"Listen Mills," She spoke, pulling Millie's chin up. "You're going to get through this, you're not going to go down that easily. Stop thinking you're going to die, it'll only make things worse. It'll get better."

Millie gave a small appreciative smile. "What if he asks me to be his girlfriend? What then?"

"Then, you should say yes. Mills, that boy is in lala land. I see the heart eyes he gives you. Finn, lets just say he doesn't say things he doesn't mean. He really likes you Mills, and i know you like him. Give it a chance." Sadie advised, giving Millie a cheery smile

Millie got up, feeling a boost of confidence and happiness. Her smile shined, and her heart seemed to be beating with delight. She straightened out her red silky dress. It seemed to flow, and her hair was behaving thanks to Sadie, who viciously brushed it and almost left her bald.

Sadie suddenly rushed to her bag, pulling out some lipgloss and mascara.
"Alittle makeup never hurt anyone." She said, a grin on her face as Millie smiled hesitantly.
---------------------