Chapter 5: The First Two Days Of School

Chapter 5:

The First 2 Days Of School

Well today's finally the day my first day of real school. When I was younger since I was the Fire-Lord's niece and heir I couldn't go to a normal school with kids my age. I think that's why I fell for Furuka so fast he was the first person my age I could actually hang out with the first boy my age who didn't really care that I was a princess, which made sense since he was a prince. School I wonder what it will be like and what sort of things I'll learn. I can't wait, but what if I have trouble fitting in I barely knew how to behave around people my age 95 years ago. I guess I'll just have to deal with that problem when I reach it.

I finished getting ready in a rush and almost flew out the door for school. All the students had the same uniform, except the girls had dresses and the boys had shirts and pants. Each uniform had the Four Nations insignia on it with an Elvira School pin on the front. Apparently in front of the whole school the people who passed or not are announced as well as the person who got the top marks for this years examination. From what I've heard it's lucky I came this year because the topic of the exam changes every year to a different time period and isn't just about the Fire Nation. Following the crowd of people I entered the auditorium and sat near the front like I had been told by a messenger yesterday.

"Alright everyone quiet down," the same man who had been at the exam called. "My name is Iritachi Cinder and I'm the Principal of Elvira. To start the assembly I will have the Avatar come up and announce the students who passed their exams, as well as the top student of the year."

"Hello everyone I'm Avatar Aang. It's a pleasure to see how successful the Elvira school has become in a few short years.

Now the passing students are the Flambé Twins Iri and Zante, Mika Ocente, Erikana Bolde, Christophe Nevendes, Myron Sinder, Misha Current, Siva and Trien of the Northern Water Tribe, Prince Fillip of the Earth Kingdom, Migi Sonte, and the Kioshi Warrior students Misa, Tyra, Feria, Nix, Zander, and Mikeal. Also our top student is Sia," I watched as Aang leaned over to the judge probably asking for a last name. I was stupid I should have made up a fake last name. "Sia come up here please."

I calmly stood up and walked towards the stage. I could just say I was orphaned at birth and found in the wilds, so I never had a last name or something like that. These were my thoughts as I walked on stage to an auditorium full of people. What surprised me though was how little of the students to be passed the exam I had seen at least a hundred in that room. I guess the exams were too hard.

"Everyone this is your top student Sia. She got 110% on the exam and beat Master Iroh during her firebending lesson," Iritachi announced.

All of the people there student, teacher, or parent gasped in shock at his words. Then Iritachi handed me a certificate of honor for both my written and physical examination. The first day hasn't even officially started yet and I've already drawn attention to myself just great.

"Now for those who didn't pass the first exam for boarding there will be another exam in a week. If you pass this you may be accepted to Elvira, but you will have to catch up with the rest of your class on your own," Sokka said standing up. I hadn't even noticed him here although that could just be because I got to see my brother. Whenever I see him I get lost in memories of the past and what could have been of the fire-lords brother hadn't taken me in.

"Now everyone go to your classes all first years will start in room 502 on the other side of the school, and get your class schedules there. The students who were announced were just the boarding exam passers, there are still others who took the initial exam at the end of last year. That is all you're dismissed," Iritachi said ending the assembly.