I'm Sorry-Avengers

So this one shot and any one shots similar to this are from a fanfic kind of Avengers AU. My friends and I started writing this a few years back and these are just some unpublished pieces of my Character.

Enjoy!!!!

Raya's P.O.V.-

I was never a hero.

It's been 3 years since I lost them. Since I lost my 'family'. It's been 3 years since I lost everything. 3 long, horrible, years. I honestly can't believe it. I lost them and I couldn't bring them back.

The goddess of death couldn't bring them back.

"Tell me how you're doing today." My therapist spoke, breaking me from my trance.

I glared up at her. "Why bother?" I hissed, venom completely evident in my voice.

"It'll help you move on. It'll help you accept the loss." She said, writing something down on her not pad.

I rolled my eyes at her. "Yeah right." I looked around the room before finally looking back at her. "What do you want me to say? Do you want me to say that I just got so used to them being there all the time. And now I'm supposed to move on without them? Is that what you want?" I hissed, standing up. "How do I do that when all I have is this sadness and this anger? I lost my family! My friends! The people I cared most about! I lost them! And you just want me to move on?!" I walked towards the door. "That won't happen."

I opened the door and walked out, not looking back. I left the building with tears in my eyes. I refused to let my feelings show for so long. I wasn't okay with other people seeing how I felt. I never would be. I hid behind my sarcasm and my smile. I hid behind my work. My writing. My training. I hid. For being one of the loudest people in our group, I hid my feelings from everyone. And yet, everyone wondered why I didn't want to get close in the first place.

I found myself walking into the cemetery and to the back plot, where all my friends were buried. The first row consisted of Sierra, Pietro, Emma, Aidan, Camille, Tony, Terra, and Steve. The second row had Dalia, Peter Quill, Elysia, Mac, Bobbi, Hunter, Fitzsimmons, Coulson, and the rest of the avengers. And finally, in the back corner of the plot, that's where the man I loved most was buried. That where Bucky was buried.

I walked to the back corner and sat down in front of his stone. I pulled my legs up to my chest and wrapped my arms around them.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." I whispered, my eyes never leaving the stone. "It's all my fault. I lost you and I lost the rest of my family. I shouldn't have done what I did. And now, I have to live with that. I have to live without you."

I felt the breeze pick up and whip my hair around. I knew it was suppose to rain today and I could feel it in the air. The weather would match my mood perfectly.

"I wish I could take it back. Take everything back. The lies. The yelling. I just thought that by not telling anyone, I was protecting them. I thought I could do it by myself. I guess I was wrong. And I have to pay the price. I have to live my life without you." I felt a tear slide down my cheek. I quickly wiped it away.

"If only I could take it back. If only I could go back and fix it all. Tell you the truth. Tell you how I really felt." I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. "Tell you that I loved you. If only I could go back and do that. But I know I can't. No matter how hard I try, I won't ever be able to go back and save any of you."

I opened my eyes again. "I always knew I wasn't a hero. I always knew that I didn't belong. That I would cause more damage than good. And that's clear to see. It's clear as day. I was never a hero. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, Bucky."

I felt the rain fall onto my body. I just sat there and stared at the stone, letting TJ tears finally flow. The tears is been holding in since they died. The tears that I would never show in front of anyone. I finally let them go. I finally set them free. I let them save me.

Too bad I couldn't save them.

Too bad I couldn't save the world.

I was never hero.

Word Count

794