☁/☾)Satisfied||Nightwing||Part 1

Reader: Zatanna's Sister

AU: Hamilton

Summary: (Y/N) sacrifices her love for Nightwing for her sister to be happy. Even though today is their wedding day, she can't help but think back to when she first met Nightwing.

Key:This is you singing. 

          This is Zatanna singing.

-------------------------------------

You laughed with your friends as you gazed at the bride and groom.

"Alright, alright! That's what I'm talking about!", Wally shouts, "Now, give it up for the maid of honor, (Y/N) Zatara!"

You smiled and walked to the front of the room.

"A toast to the groom!", you started to sing, raising your glass.

"To the groom! To the groom! To the groom!", everyone repeated, raising their glasses.

"To the bride!", you sang.

"To the bride! To the bride! To the bride!", everyone repeated again.

"From your sister!", you sang.

"(Y/N)! (Y/N)! (Y/N)!", they cheered.

"Who is always by your side!", you sang.

"By your side. By your side.", everyone repeated.

"To your union!", you sang.

"To the union! To the revolution!", everyone shouted.

"And the hope that you provide!", you sang.

"You provide! You provide!", everyone repeated.

"May you always...", you sang.

"Always~" everyone repeated.

"... be satisfied!", you finished.

Everyone cheered and clapped for the newly wed couple. Richard Grayson and Zatanna Grayson. As everyone cheered you walked away. While you were walking you remembered that night. That one night that changed your life.

Rewind~

You closed your eyes. You remembered everything. You could almost feel yourself traveling back to the past. You saw the ballroom. You saw Zatanna. You saw... Dick. You opened your eyes and saw the ballroom.

"I remembered that night, I just might regret that night for the rest of my days.", you started to sing, walking towards Zatanna.

"I remember those soldier boys tripping over themselves just to win our praise.", you sang, chuckling slightly when you saw the boys trying to win you over.

"I remember that dream like candlelight, like a dream that you can't quite place." you sang when you saw a lit candle.

"But Richard, I'll never forget the first time I saw your face." you sang, turning to look at Dick, who had just entered the ballroom.

"I have never been the same. Intelligent eyes in a hunger-pang frame." you sang when Dick saw you.

"And when you said 'hi', I forgot my dang name", you sang as he walked over to you and smiled sweetly, "Set my heart aflame, every part aflame, this is not a game."