Chapter 12

"Yo!, Sleepyhead, you wanna explore the resort?" Gregg asked, waking me up from my afternoon nap on the couch and dangling the keys around his fingers. I look at him in confusion, trying hard to wake up and concentrate on his face. He has a towel around his neck.

"What time is it?" I asked, confused, struggling to sit upwards on the couch.

"Three in the afternoon. Are you coming, or am I going alone?"

"Sure. Just give me 2 minutes." I said, struggling to stand up from the couch, and headed to the bathroom to change into something more appropriate. I grabbed my beach towel and headed towards the door where Gregg was waiting for me. We hop in the golf cart, and Gregg starts it. He turns the key, but nothing happens.

"You did take the right key, right?" I ask him. He looks at me but does not answer and tries to start it up again. Nothing happens.

"I swear I took the right key," he takes the key out of the ignition and looks at the tag on the key ring.

"Swimming pool pump house." he reads out loud. I let out a little giggle.

"I'll go and fetch the correct one." I quickly rushed back into the house and grabbed the correct key on the kitchen counter.

"You two have fun. Let me know when you'll be back!" Penny shouted from the couch with her script in her hands. I stopped and just smiled, running back out of the house.

"How did you-?" I stop, confused about how Gregg has somehow moved the cart around. His head flipped around to look at me.

"Can I have the keys now?" He asked. I walked over and gave the keys to him. I climbed in, and he pushed the key into the ignition. The cart starts.

"Hold on!" He shouts. The cart jerks forward, and with speed, I was not prepared for, we are off. I grab the nearest pole and hold on for my life. Gregg misjudged the cart's speed as he does not drive like this in a car. We move along the path, following the boards to the main resort. Along the way, we drive through a golf course and turn where we go under a small bridge and see the entrance. 'Heritage Le Telfair' reads at the entrance of the building. Gregg follows the signs where the golf carts park and turn into an open parking spot.

The big white building in front of us has a grand staircase in front before the entrance. A few palm trees are lined up on either side of the door, creating the iconic tropical feel. We enter the building, greeting the friendly staff along the way.

"Tell me what kind of movie scene your mom is filming here again," I asked Gregg.

"Some kind of Wedding scene," he answered. We made our way through the building and out the back, which had big glass doors. The outside opened to the deck, and I was amazed. It looked like something out of a magazine. There were stairs on either side leading down, surrounded by palm trees. In front of us was a brick path leading down to the gazebos at the beach. Walking down the trail, we walk past some restaurants and small tourist shops.

"So, what are we doing here?" I ask him. He looks at me.

"I read in the guidebook at the house that there are Kite-surfing lessons here. You wanna try it out?"

"Sure. It's not as if I have anything better to do." He smiles, grabs my hand, and pulls me toward the sign-up office.

The office is a very tiny room. Only a few chairs are aligned against one wall, and a desk is in the far corner. There is already a couple waiting to be helped.

"Hi, welcome! Would you like to sign up for one of our activities?" The woman behind the desk asks.

"Yeah, we would like some lessons in kite surfing," Gregg says.