Chapter 14

I got a nice nap in before the sun rose this morning. What the news was about Amy is still a mystery to me. I think I dozed off before hearing the entire story. My mission today is to find out what the news is. I stumbled off the couch I somehow ended upon. I guess I was so tired that I just plonked down on the nearest soft surface I could find. Making my way to the kitchen, I just hope there is something for me to eat. I opened the pantry and looked around to see if cereal was available. Nothing. The previous people who rented this Villa left only a few pieces of canned food. I gave up and did not even bother looking in the fridge.

I quickly ran back to the living room and searched through my bag to find a cute outfit to wear today. Grabbing the nearest clean shorts and top, I quietly ran to the bathroom to change. My tummy made a few noises while I changed into my outfit for the day. As soon as I opened the door again, Gregg stood opposite me. He did not have his shirt on, leaving him bare-chested. It took me a few seconds to realize what was going on.

"Um...Can I help you?" I asked, trying not to look up at his face. He did not respond or move an inch.

"I'm going to the main resort to have breakfast because there is nothing in the Villa to eat this morning. You coming with?" I asked. He did not respond.

"I am leaving now. If you want to come with me, put some clothes on, or I'll leave without you." I left the bathroom without looking up at him. I made myself to the golf cart, and he jumped into the seat next to me just as I was about to pull away.

***

"What do you think of the news?" he asked and paused for one second, "I think you will be a great aunt." he took a sip of his coffee. I immediately snap out of my thoughts.

"What? Aunt? That's impossible. What are you talking about?" I said. He gave a little laugh.

"The news we talked about last night. Can you even remember anything?"

"Not really. But I am pretty sure Joel is not becoming a dad. I hope." I said, as I took a sip of my orange juice.

"No. You were not listening. Amy is pregnant." I almost choke from shock. I knew it.

"What? That's amazing! But let me tell you, that day when we were all together, and she had that big announcement, she was already pregnant." He said nothing and continued to eat his food. There was quite a moment of silence. I took the last bite of my egg. I stood up to get a second helping.

"Are we not going to talk about last night?" his voice asked suddenly. I look around at him. I don't have the energy to talk about this. I don't know if I want to.

"What happened last night stays in that room," I say quietly, putting my plate back on the table. I don't think I am in the mood for my second helping of food anymore. I can't be here. I don't know where I'm going, but I just started walking.

"Where are you going?" his voice started following me. "You can't run away every time something happens. Then nothing will ever work." I hear him say.

I couldn't say anything. I continued on my walk. All my legs could do was continue towards the beach.

"Please, can we just talk about it?" Gregg's voice is very close. I stopped and turned around to look at him. He was mere inches away from me. He just had to follow me.

"There is absolutely nothing to talk about." I lie. I look at him this time. Oh boy. Why am I doing this to myself? Butterflies started appearing in my stomach again. And I so badly wanted to touch those lips again. But I have to pull myself together. I am mad at him for doing this to me.

"Really? Because I think you kinda enjoyed it," he said with a small smile appearing on his face. Who knew that he was such a tease?

"Are you going to tell me that you, who asked for girl advice from me in the first place, are in love with the girl who gave you love advice?" I asked, not realizing what I had said. He did not respond as quickly as I thought he would. I can see he is contemplating and looking for his words and what to say. I stared at his lips. The esamelips that are trying to get a word out. I just needed to do it because he is taking so damn long to give me an answer.