Homcoming

"You think we are gonna win, right?" Alfred asks me, laying on my bed as he stares at my reflection in the mirror. "Of course, I'll be rooting for you." I tell him, taking out my braids and pulling my fingers through them, "And we've always had a good team, why wouldn't we now?" I see him shrug, grabbing my pillow and throwing it up and down.

I don't know why, but I feel like we are in one of the stereotypical high school movies where the two girl and guy friends are talking, then one of them says something and they fall madly in love with each other. Of course, that's not Alfred and I. We do have strong feelings for each other, but I don't think it's strong enough for that kind of relationship.

"You'll to fine, Al, I'm going to be cheering for you. Everyone's gonna cheer for you." I smile at him, pulling my hair back and then tying a black ribbon on it. I turn, holding out my arms. "Enough school spirit?" I ask, twitching my lip up. He looks at me, "I like the jersey, where'd you get in such short notice?"

"I know people." I smirk, sitting the edge of my bed and texting Makayla real quick. I know, it's strange for her not to be at my house. Alfred moves slightly, sitting up. I glance up at him briefly. He scoots closer to me, looking over my shoulder to see my phone. "I'm just texting Makayla." I say, smiling lightly down at my phone. "I figured, I was just making sure it wasn't a secret boyfriend."

"Miles is my secret boyfriend." I say, glancing up at him again. "You're aren't be serious." He says, looking as if I just stomped on his dreams. "Of course not. Miles and I are best friends-"

"With benefits?" He interrupts and I start to laugh. "No, just friends." I look up to him and realize his leg is touching mine. So is his shoulder, and his face is as close as I would want a person to be. I nervously look back down. "You like me, right?" I look up at him as if he's crazy- which is very good possibility. "Are you high? Of course I like you." He smiles cutely.

"You should say it more often, like, ya know, randomly. Like at school, when you see me in the halls, say 'I like you, Al!' and carrying on your merry way." I let out an amused breath, "Seriously? That won't embarrass you?"

"Not when it's you."

"Are you flirting with me?"

"Depends if you think of it like that."

"Are you a dementor? Cause you take my breath away!"

"Seriously?"

I grin cheekily, "It's how I flirt." He chuckles, "Good to know." He looks at the mirror in front of us and I follow his gaze. He looks a bit nervous again so I smile softly at his reflection. "Hey, Al?" I ask casually. He looks at me, the actually me and I smile up at him, grabbing his hand tightly.

"I like you. So, just, ya know, don't worry about fumbling with the football, because I'll still like you, alright?" He squeezes my hand back, grinning idiotically, "Alright."

I laugh, "Maybe alright will be our okay." He looks at my slyly. "Are you flirting with me?" I pinch his cheek with my free hand, "You wish."

...

"ITS SO FREAKING COLD!" Makayla screams over the roaring crowd. Her and I are currently huddled against each other, in some of the boys jackets (the nice boys gave us their jackets) and are talking to one and other, quietly. Alfred then catches the ball and runs. "WOOOOO, GO AL!" I scream as loud as I can. Once he makes a... thing, I huddle against Makayla again.

"The way you yell at him, some people might think you and him have a thing." Emil says from my other side. I glance side ways at him. "It's called friendship." I say, wanting him to scoot over and to keep my other side warm. He doesn't, of course, he is way to cool for something like that. "Uh huh," He smirks slightly at me, "Sure."