two

I looked outside. Jersey was really nice in summer season. We've always went here to spend the holidays, but I've never expected to move to this magical place. The one thing I really loved about Long Valley were the different features it contains. You have rivers with cliffs to go cliffdiving in the summer, but there's also a big mysterious forest me, Harper and Christian always went to. And here and there are some open fields with random hay bales, nice to held an obstacle course on. I slowly pulled my car window down to feel the cold morning breeze. Jersey smelled good tho. "Close that window, my ears!", Harper whined while she held her hands dramatically against her ears. I sighed and rolled my eyes as I did what she wants and leaned back in my seat. 'How long was this gonna take?', I thought to myself as I unlocked my phone to check if I missed something. Nope. Only some friends asking how I'm doing and asking if I'd already spotted them. "Hey Harper, what does Jess mean with 'Did you already spot them?'", I asked her while I turned to her in my seat. She turned a little red and a small smile appeared on her lips. "Harper, please, tell me what's up?", I pleaded her. She looked back to me with a shocked look on her face. "Did I miss something?", I asked her. "Uhm, yeah! You really don't know who she's talking about?", she asked me confused. "No clue.", I admitted. "Those Dolan kids live here", as she named them her smile got bigger than it was before. She must be really liking those kids, because most of the people are kind of animes. "I don't know, have I ever heard of them?", I asked while I thought about every single moment I've ever heard of them. "Maybe, I don't know what you hear or see", she shrugged her shoulders and turned red again, probably thinking about those kiddos I guess. "It doesn't sound familiar to me, I'm sorry", I excused and turned back to my seat. "You said 10 minutes", I looked over at Christian who was focused on the road. "You really think I was serious?", he started laughing. I gasped. "Tay, don't worry, he picked us up earlier, you'll be on time", she tapped my shoulder to comfort me. I have a weird family.

-
I closed the car door a little too hard as I tried to get out of the car. "Hey, be careful with that!", Christian yelled at me. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry", I apologised really soft, avoiding to start a scene on the first day. The parking lot was... big. I couldn't count how many cars where driving up and down to find a place or how many already parked their car, or what looked liked, they tried. I let out a big sigh as I searched for Harper to comfort me. Nowhere. She was just literally gone. Merged in dust. 'Where's Harper when you need her?', I thought to myself as I rolled my eyes and made my way to the entrance. There were so many students, all around. It was really chaotic. "A little longer in this and I'm gonna pass out", I said soft. "Finally someone who thinks the same!", I heard a voice saying nearly behind me. I turned back. A boy what looked like from my age was standing in front of me. I couldn't tell if he was cute or ugly, because the sun shone right in my direction. I held up one hand above my eyes to protect my view from the sun. He wasn't perfect, but he was really trying to. He held his hand out to introduce himself. "Michael. But friends call me Mike", he spoke as I shake his hand. "Taylor", I said trying to push back my nerves a little. "Freshman?", he asked me when he started to walk to the entrance. "Yeah, kinda", I admitted and tried to look away to keep me from blushing, you could tell that I was embarrassed about the fact that I was a freshman. "Cool, maybe we share some classes", he said as he winked at me. I lost my track from where I was because I got pushed away. I noticed the board that leads me to the reception and tried to walk as fast as I could to it.

Once I entered the quiet room, I let out a big sigh and slipped down on one of the chairs standing there. It wasn't busy in here. Just another girl from, I think, my age talking to an old lady behind the counter. I looked around. There were hanging a lot of different paintings combined with a lot of pictures from the wrestling, lacrosse and football teams. At the end of the room was a really big trophy closet, and, of course, filled as well. I grinned about the thought that schools always want to brag with their prizes. "My young lady, can I help you? Are you new here?", the old lady asked and looked over to me. I cleared my throat and stood up. "Uhm yeah, I actually just moved from Houston, but the fact is.. I'm a freshman so I have no clue what to do", I spoke really fast to her. She looked at me. "Well you don't look like a Freshman, I mean, take that as a compliment", she smiled sweet. "Thank you, I've heard that a lot, don't worry, but can you please help me with my schedule?", I pleaded her as I felt my cheeks heating up. "Absolutely, just tell me your name and I'll find your schedule in the system", she was exactly what you can expect from an old sweet lady, I held back a smile. "My name is Taylor Bree Mohlstein", I spoke. "Is one of your family member German?", she asked me, "Sorry I'm just curious", she laughed. "Uhh, yeah, my grandpa is, but you actually can't relate me with a German, I can't even say one word", I explained while I started feeling my body heating up. I really didn't want to talk about my family now. I mean, I needed to go to class. "Aha, here you are", she handed me a printed copy of my schedule for the rest of the week. "Your first class is English, that'll also be your homecoming class", she gave me some direction to get to the classroom. "Oh uh, this is Isabel, she's in the same class, maybe you two can keep each other some company", she pointed her finger to the shy girl staring at the trophies. "Isabel?", the old lady asked. "Mmh? Yeah?", she looked at me. "This is Taylor, you're in the same class, she's half German so that would be fun", the lady teases me. I rolled my eyes and laughed. "Oh hi!", Isabel held her hand out. I shook her hand while she introduces herself. I thought she was shy, Uhh, can I take my words back?