nine

"So you see another part of the school", said Ethan while the security guards led us to a quiet space. "You can wait here", the big security guard pointed us to a couple of beanbags. "If you want something to drink or eat, just call us", the other suggested, I nodded and sat in the pink beanbag. It wasn't comfortable, but there wasn't much else. The security guards left us alone and I began to look around the room. There wasn't a lot of space and I think if I were here for more than 2 hours, I would be very claustrophobic. The left and right wall were painted in a pastel mint green color, while the with wall in front us, hung full of different paintings that students had made. There wasn't much in the room. On the two pink and purple beanbags, a small side table next to Ethan's beanbag and a plant, there wasn't much to see in this room. It had no windows and a small light in the ceiling provided light.

I was curious about what they used this room for. "What are they going to use this room for, you think? I've never been here before", I asked Ethan. He looked up from his phone. He thought for a moment and shrugged his shoulders. Boredom started to take over my body. 'How long do we have to sit here? What are we waiting for?', I thought to myself. I sighed and took my phone. Ethan stood up. "What are you going to do?", I asked him curiously. "I have to pee, nothing special, okay?", he said grumpy. Apparently something on that screen has changed his mood. Or it's just because of this situation. "Aren't we even allowed to leave this room anymore?", I thought and saw Ethan roll his eyes. "You're not gonna say that I can't go pee right now, are you?", he puts his hands in his sides and put on a girlish attitude. I shook my head with a smile. "No, go on, I won't stop you", I waved my hand as a sign that he was allowed to go. He shook his head and turned around. I slid back a bit further into my beanbag and relaxed my body as soon as the door was closed again. I picked up my phone and turned it on. I expected to see my own background, but that wasn't what I saw. As girl with another girl who looked they had the age of 17, appeared on my screen. I looked better at the left girl. 'That was the girl I bumped into!', I thought to myself. I unlocked the phone and saw the background of the lock screen change into the background from the home screen. Ethan came in. "Huh? I didn't put that as my background? Wait a minute.. this isn't my phone!", I said trying not to panic. "Something wrong dude?", Ethan asked me noticing the anxiety finding his way through my body. I looked up at him and I could tell that he noticed my fear.

"Oh no. Oh no", I moaned, hiding my face in my hands. "Let me see", Ethan held out his hand. I gave him my phone and felt an anxiety attack coming up. He looked at the phone thoroughly. Pressed some buttons, not that it made a lot of difference. "Do you know who this is?", he showed me the background. I shook my head. I'd seen her twice, but that doesn't mean that I knew her. I sighed. Ethan plopped beside me and handed me the phone back. "Where is your own phone?", he asked me and looked at me confused. I shrugged my shoulders and tried to hold my tears. I was weak when it came to this kind of things. I leaned forward and tried to keep my breath at normal rhythm. Ethan patted my shoulder and tried to comfort me. How could I feel comfortable if someone walks around in this building with a device that literally contains everything about my life? My entire social media and personal thoughts. But she would have that too, right? I hoped she wasn't such a curious little child who wanted to discover everything. The only thing I could do was pray and hope. I looked at phone again. 'I'm apparently not the only one without screen lock', I thought to myself and shook those thoughts away from me. I had to get my phone back somehow in some way. But how? 'Text your own phone number, of course!', I thought to myself.