ten

I pulled Harper out of the school, to a corner where nobody could hear and see us. "What's wrong?", she asked me confused. She looked at me. I pointed to the phone in my hands. "That's a phone, where you just had the chance to make pictures of Ethan and Grayson", she snapped and raised her nose. I rolled my eyes. I knew she would scream if I told her this. She'll probably take the phone away. I thought about it and pulled me back. I put the phone back in my pocket. "So, why did you take me here?", she asked as she crossed her arms and took an attitude. I had to come up with an excuse real quickly. "Uhh.. I wanted to say that I uhh.. LOVED the pizza TERRIBLY", I sighed when I saw her look change. She believed what I said. Great, that's done again. But what was I supposed to do with that phone? I hadn't even thought about my in own phone. What if people call me? What if I receive a call on this phone? Do I have to take it? I could hardly handle so many questions. It was already so hot outside. I pulled Harper to a bench in the shade so I could put things together. "Okay, start at the beginning, Taylor", I thought to myself. 'You bumped into that boy and then?', I frowned and stared into the distance. Harper had already focused on one of her new friends here. Harper and I often had the same friends, so I didn't really have to worry. 'You're wandering', I corrected myself. 'You bumped into him, then you guys both dropped your phone', I scratched my forehead. The sun broke through the clouds and heated my skin. 'We probably had the same kind and color phone', I looked at the phone and nodded. He was very similar to mine, since I didn't have a cover around it either. 'I accidentally took his and he mine', I felt butterflies grew in my belly when I thought back to the moment we made eye contact. That boy had something magical, for sure. 'Then he ran away and I had to help Isabel out of the pit', I grinned at that thought and tried to focus on reality again. 'How do you solve something like this?', I asked myself. I tried to think of a solution, but at that moment the bell sounded. 'Perfect timing', I rolled my eyes and hugged Harper before I looked at my schedule to see what classroom I had to go to. "Can you find it?", it sounded behind me. I turned around and saw the same boy I met in the parking lot. I smiled and nodded. "I think we share this lesson now, do you mind if I'm sitting next to you?", he asked. I felt my cheeks getting warm. I nodded shyly not knowing what to say and followed him to the classroom. "Michael is it, isn't it?", I asked him shyly. He turned and grinned. "You can call me Mike", he laughed and around playfully. 'That boy will sometimes become interesting', I thought to myself.