one

"Nope. Nope. Eww, no way!", I rolled my eyes as I throw back my old skirt full of drawn flowers out of my big darkish-brown wooden closet. "What to wear? What. To. Wear? I'm serious, just one more cringy piece of clothing in my closet or I'll throw up like hell", I said nauseously. "Let me look", I watched as Harper started with her first attempt to pick out the perfect 'First Day Of High School So Do Not Screw Up Or You're Damned For The Rest Of The Year'-outfit. I let out a trembling sigh as I settled down at the foot-end of my bed. "How much time do we have?", I asked her nervously not knowing wether to stress out or not. "Mmmhh, I don't know, my phone is on your nightstand", I grabbed her phone. "7:13 AM", I read out loud so she knew what was up, too. "Yoo, chill. We're gonna be on time, you look like you're in labour or something", she jokingly judged my attitude. "Maybe I am, after my first time falling in love with a fake 'person' who'll get me pregnant", I said trying to still act like my sarcasm self. She let out a soft sigh and turned to my direction, stopping with what she was doing. "Sure, just think in that way and everything will be okay. I mean, you're definitely gonna make friends with that thought", she shrugged her shoulders, made a weird face and turned back to my closet. "You wanted to look good, right?", she asked sarcastically. I nodded my head and sighed. I was really nervous and didn't want to mess this up. I knew what the consequence were. They were a lot worse than they're at Middle School. I fidgeted a bit on my blanket while I was thinking about everything that could go wrong today.

"Here put this on", Harper said as she handed me a black ripped high-waist jeans combined with a black halter-tank top with a small white sketch of an alien on my left breast. On my feet my black Converse Chuck Taylor All Stars Hi Classic. And as kind of nor it counts as, but as accessory a red-black checkered blouse. "You've went for basic I see?", she rolled her eyes. "You better not comment negatively on this or I'll make it worse", she threatened me. I raised my hands apologetically. "Sorry", I said. "Go get yourself changed or you're running late", she throws my red-black blouse at my head. I take off my pj's and shiver when the coolness in my room hits my bare skin. "Don't be a pussy", Harper said trying to tease me. "I'm not, it's just, you can't even judge because you're also always whining about how cold it can be, so, just. Just shut your mouth!", I stuttered.

I was changing into my clean underwear when I heard the sound of a camera. I quickly turned around and tried to hide my body from Harper's phone. "STOP! It's not cool! You know that's the number one rule! Please don't post it on every kind of social platform, pleeassee!", I pleaded her. She smirked. "I'm sorry but what did you say last week? Wasn't it something like; "if I loose this bet, you're able to make pictures of me in my underwear all the time? Didn't it sound like that, Taylor?", she laughed. I sighed and rolled my eyes as I tried to change into my outfit without getting more photos of me in my bra on her phone. Great start of the day.

-
We chilled a little longer in my room after we got dressed. I didn't want to get known as the 'beauty-guru', so I've went for a nude look. I've only filled my brows a little, put some councilor underneath my eyes to cover up the bluish circles who were screaming for attention. A little bit highlighter on my uppercheek bones and a some transparent chapstick. I scrolled down Instagram. Many people I know were really hyped for their first day of High School. I saw some pictures of some old childhood friends spending the summer together. I sighed. I wasn't very mad about the decision my parents made to move, but the idea that I'm stuck with myself and Harper kinda sucks. I was really hyped and excited when they told me that we were moving to New Jersey. But just the thought that I had to leave my friends and family back in Houston kinda hurts. One thing was clear, I wouldn't be bullied anymore. Not yet. Something had changed inside of me this summer, and that didn't happened without noticing by my parents and Harper. I just wanted to make things clear. To see where I stand in life. Who I am and what I want.

I woke up out of my thoughts by two knocks on the door. Harper opened it. "I don't know what you guys have planned for today, but I mean, you have only 10 minutes left to be on time", my older brother Christian said. A flurry of nerves took over my body. Harper looked back at, she was kinda shocked too about the fact that we're actually running late. "I can give you guys a lift", he said and looked over to me. I nodded, stood up and grabbed my purse. "But-..", I cut her off, "No, you come with us, I mean you have to", I grabbed her wrist and pulled her downstairs. Harper was only a year older, so that means that I was the only freshman in the house. Before we hopped out of the house, I grabbed an apple and the spare keys. I shove them underneath the flower pot. Chris already opened the passenger seat's door.