twelve

"To left, right?", Ethan asked as he wanted to focus on the road. It'd suddenly started to rain really hard. "Yes, but watch out because that's a blind spot", I pointed to the spot where a car might come from. I looked for certainty that nothing really happened and Ethan turned around the corner. "This is really bale, man", Ethan sighed. I nodded in agreement. "Hey, sorry that I underestimated it, because now a psychopath might walks around with your phone", I just didn't try to focus on that, fine, he was right though. I looked at the phone that I'd stuck in my hands. 'Maybe I should send her a message, it still takes half an hour before we get home',  I thought. I clicked the on/off button and saw the background of the girl popping up. I had to admit, she was the prettiest girl I'd ever seen so far. From all the fans I've seen. Sure, there are also fans that you think about like 'damn', but she wasn't like them. She was more beautiful. A lot prettier. "Are you going to do something or are you gonna stare at the background for the next 30 minutes?", Ethan asked while he waited for the traffic light to turn green. I looked at him and grinned. He looked at me with a 'I don't understand you' look. I held up the phone. "She's beautiful", I already said it before I could stop it. "Do you know which of the two it is?", he looked at the picture again. "You can ride again", I remarked and Ethan looked at the road again. I sighed for a moment. "She's the left one", I looked at the picture again. A strange feeling entered my belly. I unlocked the phone and went to 'Messages'. I clicked on 'New Conversation' and typed my phone number. I felt that my hands became a bit clammy as soon as I thought about a message.
To Unknown: Hey, what happened, why do you have my phone?
I wanted to solve this as soon as possible. 'Come on, you know yourself that you want to see her again as soon as possible, and then not to exchange each other's phone again!', I sighed, because I knew that my feeling spoke the truth.
To Unknown: If you can give me your name, we can keep you in touch as soon as possible
I frowned my eyebrows as I thought about the following message.
To Unknown: Please respond as soon as possible, I really need my phone!
"Wait, doesn't she have a lesson now?", I realized that too late because I'd already sent it. 'Shall I look in her phone?', that question suddenly occurred to me. 'No, you can't do that, you don't want it either, so why would you do it?', I shook my head and put the phone away. I looked out of the window through the rain. A bright light could be seen in the distance, thunderstorm. The sky was completely dark gray and Ethan had to put the windscreen wipers on the highest stand if he wanted to see something on the road. The radio played music softly, but for the rest the car was only filled with silence and the sound of the raindrops clattering against the roof. I closed my eyes and tried to put all my thoughts in line, but the only thing I saw was the girl.

-
"Ouch", I looked at my shoulder, I had accidentally planed the belt when I wanted to bend forward to get the groceries. "What?", Ethan asked as he switched off the heating. "Belt", he nodded and held out his hand for the house keys. "Already a reaction?", I shook my head as I got out of the car and lifted the shopping bag. "Maybe you typed in the wrong number", he looked at me. I shook my head again, "No, I just checked it a few more times, I'm 100% sure that the number was right", I walked to the front door. Ethan held his coat over his head against the rain as he ran to the front door. Once I was at the front, I put down the shopping bags and shook my wet hair. Ethan wanted to put the key in the keyhole when the door flew open. "Since when do I have a dog as a son?", my mother asked, laughing, taking over the bags from me. "Since when do I have a spy as a mother who can open the door at the exact moment?" I asked while giving her a hug. She pushed me away because I was soaking wet which made me laugh even more. I really loved my mom too much. "Mom?", Ethan began. "Yes?", she walked into the kitchen while Ethan and I followed her. "There is a problem", Ethan looked at me and gave me a signal that I had to tell it. I shook my head. "You say it", I mouthed. "No, it's your phone", he whispered back. I rolled my eyes. What a child. "What is it?", mom turned and looked at us worried. I sighed and Ethan waved as a sign to tell her. "Yeah, uhm, I don't know how to tell this", I began and I avoided eye contact with both of them. I looked at my white shoes that were once white, but now under the mud. "Okay, I'll do it", Ethan sighed annoyed and started with his explanation. I only heard half of it because something else attracted my attention. 'I must let her know that I do not have much time for this', I scratched the back of my head as I heard some gasps from my mother here and there. 'Save your number in her phone', I nodded and left the kitchen. "Gray, what are you going to do? How are you going to fix this?", my mom asked when I was almost round the corner. I stopped at the first step of the stairs and closed my eyes. "I already have an idea, I just have to think, I can be found above", I walked up the stairs and heard my mother and Ethan talk quietly.

-
I plopped down on my bed and hid my face in my pillow. I sighed. I turned my head in the direction of my wall that was full of fan art. I smiled softly when I thought of how talented they are. 'Would that girl have been a fan too?'. I shook my shoulders and sat up straight. I picked up the phone on the other side of the bed and turned it on. Again the background of her appeared and I felt that weird feeling in my stomach again. 'I have to get to know her'. I nodded because I agreed with my feelings. Something about her attracted me and there was a reason why we exchanged each other's phone. 'Maybe I MUST meet her from the universe'. I grinned and opened the Messenger app. 45 minutes had passed and I started to become a little impatient. I decided to send her another message. I watched the time. 'She is done soon, that's good because she can read those messages'. I started typing.
To Unknown: I'll save your number, I do not have time to wait now
Without thinking about it, I  clicked on Send. 'Wasn't that a little too rude? What if it comes to her too hard?', my feeling was right, what if she thinks that I don't have time for her, then the chance on my phone is also less. But it was true, I don't have much time for this. Ethan and I are flying to LA tomorrow. 'Shit! I still have to pack!', I suddenly thought to myself. I ran to my door. "Eth, we have to get that flight tomorrow morning, go pack your stuff!", I shouted from the hallway above. I heard a soft 'Shit', which meant to me that Ethan also had forgotten. A few seconds later I heard Ethan's stomping on the stairs. I went back into my room and took my suitcase out of my closet with some clothes. I heard a knock on the doorpost. "Yes?", I turned around and saw Ethan. "What is it?", I was stressed, so I reacted somewhat irritated. "How do you want to do that with your phone? We'll be back in LA for 2 or 3 weeks", he looked at me. My heart sank a little, he was right. Everyone should be wondering where I am. Soon she will do things on my social media. I picked up my courage and clenched my jaw. "Ethan, we have to go, we have to go to those meetings, I don't care that I don't  have my phone, we can't stay now", I sighed as soon as I'd said that and my body relaxed again a bit. "But, what if she's never going to respond?", he seemed more concerned about that phone than I was. I grinned and he looked at me confused. "What's funny?", he picked up a pencil from my desk and started fiddling with it. "You seem more worried about MY phone than I do myself", I watched as he put the pencil back and let a deep sigh escape. "It's just annoying, okay, and I feel like this is my fault," his face pulled away a little white. "Hey, Eth, I shouldn't have walked with my phone in my hands and had to bump into someone", I patted his shoulder and went on packing again. I put 8 pairs of socks in my suitcase when I heard a 'pling' sound. I looked at the bed and saw that I'd received a message from an unknown number. I smirked.