Chapter Five

Max was currently running around the toy store laughing as David tried to catch him. Jasper had to go talk with somebody about Daniels case.

"Max, please slow down!," David finally caught up with him but Max had managed to knock over half of what was on a shelf. Max smiled and waved at David. "What did you do?," David crouched in front of Max who just slapped him.

"Toys," Max picked up a remote control car and smiled.

"Yea, toys," David began picking everything up as Max just watched. A lot of other people watched as well.

"Let me give you some advice," There was a lady standing in front of David. "Keep the retarded kid on a leash," She smiled when she said this. David looked at her, stood up, and slapped her.

"Max, we're leaving now," David grabbed Max's hand. They paid for the toy and David took Max out to the car.

"Six days until mommy," Max giggled softly at David.

"Yep, six days until you get to go see mommy," David gave Max a highfive. Max always got excited when it came to going to go see his mom even if she is mean.

"I don't wanna go home, I wanna go to the park," Max kicked the seat.

"No. No park, we are going home," David got in the car and started driving. Max just sat there and whined softly.

"David, I wanna go to the paark!," Max whined more and squirmed around.

"No, you have a play set at home!," David looked at Max and sighed. Max quickly calmed down and nodded. When they got home, David carried Max out to the backyard and set him ontop of the playset where the slide was. Max grinned and clapped then looked around for a second. The boy went over to the monkey bars and started climbing them. David watched and smiled some as he stood right by Max to make sure he didn't fall. Max went over to the swings and dropped down onto them.

"Max, are you okay!," David was all over Max checking him for bruises.

"David, I fine, I want to do that!," Max smiled and pushed himself on the swing with his feet. "Push me please!," Max giggled as David got up and chuckled then pushed him happily.

"You are so polite today Max," David smiled and the next time Max came back up he gave the boy a kiss on his cheek. Max had happiness and excitement building up. He let out a loud scream of joy. David smiled more, he loved seeing this boy happy.

"I wanna get snack," Max jumped off of the swing and ran through the backdoor. He climbed onto a chair in the dining room. David sighed and walked inside.

"What do you want for your snack today?," David kissed Max's nose.

"Pizza!," Max grinned happily as David just nodded.

"I'm just going to make you a small one in the oven so it's going to take a little bit buddy," David now walked to the kitchen and got a small box of pizza. Max just nodded and walked into the living area.

"David! I wanna watch tv! Sesame Street!!," Max yelled this from the living area. David walked in a few minutes later and turned on the tv, it was already on pbs so Sesame Street was already on.

"CARTOOOONS!,"