Chapter Six

"Hey, Max! No!," Jasper ran at Max who was stabbing a stuffed animal with a big knife. Jasper grabbed the knife and set it on a tall shelf. "No knives, knives can hurt you baby," Jasper picked up Max and sighed.

"But, I was doin surgery!," Max started screaming and slammed himself against Jasper.

"Not gonna work on me," Jasper carried Max to the couch and wrapped a blanket around the two. "Just calm down, Jasper's here," Jasper kissed Max's head as the boy tried to get out of the adults arms.

"Jasper's here?," Max kept squirming as Jasper nodded some. He hugged the small boy happily.

"Jasper's here, and Jasper is going to stay here with Max," Jasper chuckled some and Max leaned on him. Max closed his eyes and yawned. "Is Max tired now?," The man rubbed Max's back.

"Yes, Max wants nap, naps with Jasper," Max nuzzled Jasper and smiled. "Jasper warm," Max yawned again.

"Alright, I'll be right here when you wake up, nap time," Jasper closed his eyes and laid his head back.

         Max woke up around two hours later and carefully climbed off of Jasper. He went into the kitchen and got into the fridge then grabbed anything he could. Max then smeared eggs, chocolate sauce, syrup, etc. all over the walls. The boy climbed on Jasper as well and poured chocolate sauce in his hair and all over his face. Max then started rubbing the sauce all over his face giggling. Jasper slowly opened his eyes and looked at Max. The man felt his face and sighed as he felt the sauce on his face.

"Let me guess, It's in hair," Jasper watched as a grinning Max nodded quickly. He picked up Max and took him into his room. "Bad, we don't put food anywhere but our mouths," Jasper set Max on his bed. "I will be back, I'm just going to take a shower, David should be back soon," Jasper went into the bathroom and locked the door. Max now searched his room for all of his toys. The boy found his stuffed bear and hugged it.

"You're my buddy," He kissed the bears nose and smiled. Max set the bear down and put his legos in front of it. He started building a little house and giggling. The boy sang songs to himself quietly, mostly songs from Spongebob though. After another ten minutes, David walked in and smiled as he saw Max. The tall man stood in the door way just watching and smiling. Max picked up a lego plane and stared at it for a second before setting it on the floor and smiled. David went over to Max and sat in front of him.

"So, we're playing with legos now?," David picked up a little lego man and set him on top of a big tower. Max nodded and looked at two tall towers that he had built. He then grabbed the plane and rammed it into one then the other.

"9/11!," Max grinned and David's eyes widened.

"Max! That's not funny! Don't do that!," David grabbed the plane and sighed. Max looked confused but nodded and picked up his stuffed bear before walking to the living room.

"I wanna watch tv," Max sat on the floor and smiled.

"No, no tv right now, we're gonna get you a snack," David went into the kitchen, he had been cleaned by Jasper who had left to do something. When one was home most of the time the other wasn't home. Max followed and nodded some.

"Can I have gold fish crackers?," Max sat his friend on a chair. David chuckled some at this.

"Not today, sorry, I'll ask Jasper if he can get some while he's out today, for now we're gonna have some apple sauce," David got out a jar of apple sauce and poured it into a bowl. "You wanna eat it by yourself and not spill it," David set the bowl in front of Max who grabbed his spoon and hit David with it. "So, that's a no," David smiled some at the boy.

"I want pudding to," Max stuck his hand in the apple sauce and then slammed it on the table. David sighed and got some paper towels then wiped off Max's hand and the table.

"So, no apple sauce than," David dumped out the apple sauce, he didn't know where Max's hands had been so he didn't want the boy getting sick. The man then went into the fridge again and got some chocolate pudding. Max grinned and clapped happily. "You want the pudding?," David smiled at how excited the boy was.

"Yes! I want pudding!," Max giggled and stuck his tongue out. David sat down next to the boy and got a spoonfull of pudding then fed it to Max. When they were done, David wiped off Max's face.

"Now do you want to go watch cartoons?," David smiled again as Max just ran to the living room.

"And off he goes,"