STORIES OF LOVE by Alphonse Moo

Love? What is love? Some say it is the best thing happened to them, while others find it foolish. Me? What's love for me? Let me tell you a series of stories about what love means to me.

Once there was a man who loved to party and make love with any girls he liked. But, things changed when he fell in love with a gay. They were madly in love and happy but the people around them were not.

      Everyone judged them. The man's family and even his friends had a hard time accepting their relationship. Some even disowned him. But despite that, they didn't break up.

      A friend of him asked, "Why?"

      He smiled and replied. "If you can only borrow my eyes, then you'll see why."

      Love has no gender.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

There's this young man who worked everyday so that he could buy himself a cake in his birthday. When his birthday came he was excited to buy and taste the cake he wanted. He was about to pay it when a little boy came, asking if he could have the cake instead.

      He wants it for his little sister, who is hiding behind him, because it was her favorite cake and it's also her birthday. Without hesitation, the young man paid the cake and gave it to the boy and greeted the girl. Happy, the two kids thanked him and left.

      The cashier asked, "Why?" He smiled and replied, "It's her birthday, too."

      Love knows when to sacrifice.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

A five-year-old boy couldn't understand his grandparents. His grandfather never missed to give his grandmother a flower and sing to her their love song, as if he's still courting, and his grandmother would giggle.

      He once witnessed his grandparents dancing in their room without music. They were acting like a young couple and the boy found it weird. He went to his dad and asked, "Why?" His dad smiled and replied, "Age is just a number, son."

      Love makes you feel younger.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"Equality, sacrifice, and youth, is that love for you, father?" the boy asked. His father messed his son's hair and replied,

      "Of course, that's love for me, but it doesn't mean that it should be for you. Every person has a different concept of love." He saw his son twitch his nose. It seemed he isn't convinced. "You're still young to understand." His father said.

      The boy looked at him, "Then, when?" he asked again.

      "You sure have a lot of questions for a little boy. When? I don't know, but always remember this, time is capable of understanding how great love is."

      Pleased, the boy smiled. Suddenly, they hear a honk from a car. The boy jumped from bed happy and ran, "Daddy's home." He shouted. His father followed him.