38👑

Jack's POV

They won't let me in. I tried everything but they won't budge. She's in there all alone. 

After I brought Marli in, they took her into emergency surgery. I was pushed out but I'm being updated every 30 minutes. The doctor should be out in 4 minutes to tell me the same news 'she's still in surgery, you can only see her when she's awake'. Aaron was arrested and is going to prison for life. 

The doctor comes out and I stand up and he sits me down. I am overcome with fear, I can't lose Marli, I can't lose the baby. 

D- "Sir, what is your relationship with Marli Paul?"

J- "She's my wife" I don't know why I lied, it felt right to say that. 

D- "I'm sorry, but your wife, she's fine"

J- "Wait, why are you sorry?" The pit in my stomach deepened with every second of silence. 

D- "The fetus-"

J- "our baby"

D- "Your baby, when your wife hit the floor, it caused internal bleeding and the amniotic fluid burst, I'm sorry"

My heart sunk completely, I felt lost. My vision went blurry and I couldn't move. 

D- "Sir, I understand what you're going through, Mrs Avery is awake and she's been notified, she's requesting you right away"

I nodded and he left me a piece of paper with Marli's room number. I gathered my thoughts, looked at the paper and made my way to her room. 

I came face to face with the door. Behind this door is the love of my life, my soulmate, who has just been told her child is dead. I can't lose her again. I open the door to see Marli, sitting up right on the hospital bed, tear stained eyes but still managing to smile at me.

M- "H-Hey Jac-cky" Her voice cracked as she burst into tears. 

I rushed to her side and held her close. 

M- "It was Hunter, Jack. I heard him take his first breath, I got to hold him, but he was taken from me"

I started tearing up and rubbed her back. Her breaths started becoming slower and she fells asleep. A nurse came in and gave her apologies. She told me that Marli will be tired for the next few weeks and I should expect her to fall into minor depression. 

N- "Most mothers will be sad when they lose children, but considering Marli had a bond with Hunter, is what she called him, it may take a bigger hit on her"

J- "I understand, thankyou"

She left a tray of food next to the bed and handed me a sandwich. She can go home in two days, after getting her stitches removed. 

A while later more doctors came in to do some final tests so I decided to go and call everyone. I went out into the waiting room to see Logan, Jake, PM, Team10, JC, Kian, Ian, Paul and the rest of WDW. Everyone was already here. 

J- "How'd you guys know?"

Daniel- "The police came to Logan's, needed information about Aaron, they told us and we called everyone"

I started tearing up and sat down. 

L- "Jack... where's Marli?"

J- "Marli's fine, health wise, mentally? Not at all?"

Jake- "What do you mean?"

Jack- "She got to hold him, hear his first breath, and he was taken from her, from all of us" I looked up at everyone and saw them all taken back with sadness.

We sat back down in silence. 

-two hours later-

Marli's POV

I woke up without Jack by my side, I started to panic. I lost him. I lost Jack. I lost Hunter. No. Please. 

Nurse- "Mrs Avery, it's okay, he's with your family in the waiting room"

Mrs Avery? 

M- "Please can you get him for me?"

Nurse- "Of course"

She scurried out of the room and came back in with Jack. 

J- "Lia, I'm sorry I left, I had to call your brothers"

M- "They're here??"

J- "Yes Lia, they have been for the past two hours"

M- "I want to see them"

I tried to get up but felt immense pain. 

J- "Hey, calm down, I'll go get them"

M- "O-Okay"

He left the room and I waiting anxiously for his return. He came back and Logan and Jake ran to my side. 

M- "H-Hi"

Jake- "oh Marli"

L- "We love you"

M- "I love you too"

The next few days were boring, I got my stitches removed and spent time with everyone who came to see me. Jack and I are finally home, walking through the door I see the step that I fell down. All memories flooded back and I fell to the ground shaken. Jack pulled me up and carried me upstairs. He laid me in bed and kissed my forehead. My mind started running with thoughts, it drained me out and I fell asleep in an instant.