Chapter 5-Mr. Sexy

“Change isn't always for the best.” 

-Nicholas Sparks, The Best Of Me.

Chapter 5-Mr. Sexy

   Walking through the school hallways, i was struggling not to fall asleep. Sunday had been spent watching movies, eating ice cream, and nursing my hangover with Al. Therefore, monday morning, came much faster than i’d like. First 4 periods flew by and before i knew it i was walking to lunch. 

   Walking into the cafeteria, i heard an unusual buzz surrounding me. Curious, i walk over to my friends; a circle including Al, me, Hannah- a pretty blonde, Adrian, Sean- built up boy, with light blonde hair, Melanie-introvert, very sneaky, very very fun to be with. Deciding that since Sean was the gossip king, i’d ask him.

‘Sean, whats the buzz? I mean literally.’ 

‘Didn’t you hear? Lexi kissed Vic while he was at his locker this morning. She didn’t let him break the kiss for like 10 minutes! I mean, even though i hate her and all, from what i’ve heard, she is an amazing kisser. And with a bod like that, anyone would be crazy to refuse her. She’s like fucking hot. I saw the end of the kiss, and holy shit man, Vic was all like, confused and amazed and shit. It was freaking awesome.’

   At his words, i felt dread consume me, and fury blazed my mind. Trying not to appear that way, since only Al knew about my thing for Vic, i trudged over to the food line, recomposing myself. Looking around to where the 6th forms sat, i saw Vic sitting with people from his grade, and my brother.    My brain later registered, that on Vic’s lap was Lexi who was kissing his neck trying desperately to gain his attention, which was focused on my brother. From the food line, i couldn’t see Vic’s face. Judging from Harry’s laughing demeanor though, i could probably determine he said something like ‘Tapping this late’ or something like that. Urgh. I hate hate hate him.

   Collecting my lunch, i was walking back to my table when i bumped into Alex. Alex was Adrian’s twin. I know, weird he wasn’t in our circle, but he was more of a jock, whereas Adrian was an ‘All-Rounder’. Sometimes when we went for movies and trips down the west coast we would invite Alex along. And well, Alex is pretty darn charming. He’s just always been with jocks. I think he enjoys the cheerleaders far too much to leave them. 

   Snapping myself out of it, i looked up to apologize-having to look up because of him being 6 feet and me only 5.6- I expectted to see his usual seductive smirk, i was, however surprised to see him giving me a genuine smile. Smiling back, i apologized.

‘Sorry Alex. I was a bit lost in my own world.’

‘No problem, love. Come, i shall walk you back to your table. Just to make sure you don’t assault against few more unsuspecting civilians.’ 

   I roll my eyes at his witty remark and began to chat with him about general stuff. Reaching my table i got ready to thank him, only to see him sitting down in a chair, pulling my chair out for me. Feeling appreciated i sat down.

‘Hey, bro, not with the cheerwhores today?’

   Unlike Alex, Adrian had a strong dislike towards all cheerleaders. That, however, still didn’t put them off. Adrian, being Alex’s brother and his usual sexy and sweet self, attracted those girl like fat kids to cake. 

‘Na, thought i’d sit with Your Beautiful Highness, here today.’

   At his old nickname i flushed, looking down and smacking him in the chest. People always said me and Alex would be super cute together, but i’ve just always been in love with Vic, and he’s always stayed unattached, or appeared unattached atleast, so i kept my hope alive. Now looking at Lexi plastering herself all over him, i decided that i don’t have to always be single just for Vic. So, i spent the rest of lunch flirting with Alex, touching him every time possible and laughing at all his jokes. And to be completely honest, it was pretty damn easy. Alex just made it so effortless to like him. 

   At the sound of the bell, i stood up, slinging my bag across my shoulder and proceeding to walk toward fifth period. Halfway to the biology lab, i heard someone call out my name. Turning around i saw Alex. Remembering he was in my fifth period, i inwardly cursed for not waiting for him. Once he had caught up to me, we settled for walking at the same pace. As soon as we reached the door Alex stopped, making me do so too. 

‘Alex let’s go. We’ll get late.’

‘Just let me ask you something. I know we’ve known each other long and my brother is your best friend and he’s gonna kill me for doing this. So will your brother for that matter...but will you please consider going out with me this friday night? Anything you want. Movie, dinner, park, theme park, beach. Anything. Just please say yes.’

   Alex’s words were rushed and nervous, something i had never known him to do. A slight smile settled on my lips and i wanted to shout ‘aw’ at his face. He was just do darn cute. His face got more anxious with each passing second so i decided to tell him;

‘It would be a pleasure Mr. B.’

   His face lit up like a little boy at christmas, and i swore to myself i would try to get over Vic and actually give Alex a chance.

Victor’s POV

   I watched him walk with her to class, and ask her something at the door. My blood boiled and all i wanted to do was go and punch his nose in. He sat with her in lunch for the first time, as far as i remember, and they shamelessly flirted all lunch. If Harry hadn’t been so preoccupied with Arts he would’ve noticed and done something about it. 

  All morning, people had been coming up to me, congratulating me about the ‘steamy make out session’ i had with Lexi this morning. What can i say, she pounced on me, and wouldn’t let me go, so i reacted how she wanted, hoping she’d then be satisfied. But no. She comes and sits on my lap in lunch attacking every visible inch of my skin with kisses. I begged Harry with my eyes to get her off, but he just laughed. Asshole. 

   Refocusing my eyes on Chels, i saw her enter the class room, with that ass touching a small part of her back, talking to her and walking in behind her. If looks could kill, he’d be dead right now. Deciding there was nothing i could do, i walked to class, attempting to talk my mind into believing that i was just protective about Chels cause she was like my sister.

    God was i lying.

   Chelsea’s POV

   After school, i stood in the parking lot, waiting for Harry to finish sticking his tongue down Arts throat, so that we could get home. Deciding that was gonna take some time, i sat down on the pavement, enjoying the wonderful weather.

   Suddenly, i felt a shadow fall over me, and i opened my eyes to find Alex to be the source of my lack of vitamin D. Grinning like a cheshire cat, he held one hand out to me, and pulled me to my feet.

‘Ride with me. Your brother look’s busy. And Adrian’s finding his own way home.’

‘How are we gonna ride together Alex? We’re both 13. We can’t drive.’

‘Naw, we can’t drive cars. Nobody check’s bikes’ 

   He winked at me and handed me a helmet. Getting onto the bike, i see Harry and Vic shooting daggers at me, and walking our way. Nudging Alex to hurry up, we took off before the death brothers could reach us. Sitting behind Alex, keeping a firm grip on his torso, i could feel his muscles, and i wondered; why haven’t i done this before again? The adrenaline was mind clawing and i was mildly disappointed when we came to a halt in front on my house. 

‘Enjoyed the ride, love?’

‘Immensely. You gotta take me again sometime!’

‘How about i pick you up for school? And we can go for that date you promised me on the bike? Speaking of, is friday night fine? I got a surprise for you.’

‘That would be great! I’ll be ready by 8.30am. Don’t get late, jock. Oh and friday sounds amazing. What should i wear?’

‘Awesome. How about a summer dress? You look very pretty in those.’

‘Summer dress it is. See you tomorrow, stud.’

‘Bye bye princess.’

    Walking into the house i strolled into the kitchen, scavenging for something to munch on. Turning around to the sound of the door opening, i find myself facing, two very very pissed boys.