Chapter 20 Two types of people in this world

Matt's POV

we drove off from the scene and to the hospital jack had sent us a message saying alex was getting surgery. By the time we got there alex was already done with the surgery which zack and jack gave permission to and had signed the papers. "Hello how can i help you?" the receptionist asked. "Uh yeah were here to see a patient." cassadee said to her. "Okay name please?" she asked. "Alexander william gaskarth." i said she began typing on her computer and then looked up at us." What is your relationship with the patient? she asked. "Im his band manager and this is his drummer and friend. " i said. She looked at us surprised. "Oh my well im assuming those other people who came here earlier are with you guys." she said taking her glasses off. "what do you mean?" i asked her. "Some young men. Well more like a group of young men showed up asking to see this alexander boy." she said. "Oh matt that must of been vinny and them." cassadee said. "Oh yeah, here text them and tell them to come to the front." i said giving cass my phone."Im guessing you all are famous?" the lady asked. We smiled at her. "I mean we somewhat are." rian said. "OH DEAR IT'S CASSADEE POPE" a nurse screamed. "Oh my god i can't believe it! my daughter loves your music. I myself am a big fan. Could i get your autograph?" the nurse said walking closer. "Of course." cass said. She signed a random paper for her and the nurse got a picture aswell then walked off.  "Could i have all of your names please." The receptionist  said grabbing a pen and a pass. "Matt, cassadee, rian." i said. she began to seperatly write our names on a pass each. She then reached over and gave us the pass telling us to put it on our shirts. "Follow me." she said smiling getting up from the desk walking us to an elevator."If you guys need anything you all can come to me or my very good friend tay." she said. We smiled at her "Thank you." rian said.We stayed in silence as the elevator went up to the fifteenth floor. "He is in very intense care. He just got out of surgery." she said getting out the elevator. "We heard." i said. "He'll be alright. Right?" rian asked."oh yes of course dear. He'll be just fine." he noded. We kept walking until we reached the end of a hallway where the lady opened the door. "If anything feel free to tell me. We have warm blankets over in that cabinet and try to keep it down we can't have more than two people in a room." she said. "Thank you so much." cass said. She smiled sweetly and walked away. I walked to alex's bed and saw him laying there asleep. Zack and jack were both asleep in the chairs. I lightly tapped zack. "Hey, zack if you want you can go sleep in the tourbus were here." he opened his eyes fully and looked at alex. "That's fine i'll stay here aswell." he said and i nodded. "He looks terrible." rian said. "I know. Poor alex." i said. "I find it beautiful how he blocked the shot from jack. I always knew they had something more than just friendship." cassadee said. We all agreed. Jack and alex were always together and there was no denying they were both in love but too afraid to admit it. Maybe this will  be the push they get to finally finishing the race. We heard the door open and we turned around. The lady peeked through the door and whispered. "I brought your friends." she said. Vinny, adam and everyone else in our crew walked in. "Try your best to be quite. There is this nurse walking the halls who is a complete bother and she will try to kick you all out." she said. We all nodded and put a finger on our lips. she smiled and left the room. "Holy shit dude it's crowded in here." vinny said. By this time jack had already woken up and was talking with rian. Then we heard a knock at the door. We all panicked. "Hide behind the curtains!" i screamed/whispered. Everyone hid behind the curtain that hung around alex's bed. I acted normal and went to open the door. It was a middled aged lady. "It has come to my attention that there is something fishy going on in this room." she said. I walked out the room and into the hallway closing the door. "No not all. But if anything i'll be sure to let you know." i said smiling at her. She looked at me suspiciously. "Could i take a look inside?" she asked going for the doorknob. I got to it before her. "Of course. I opened the door and the first thing i hear is vinnys dumbass giggling followed by a round of 'shh'. The lady turnt her heard looking around the room. Then looked at me. "The curtain. Why is it like that?" she said crossing her arms. "See my friend just got out of surgery and is resting. I put it so no light would bother him." i said. She nodded. "Well i got places to be so shoo shoo." she said pushing me out the door with her."Wait thi-." i said. She locked the door. what a bitch. "If you could go back down to the lobby mr. - " she said pausing to look at my pass. "Matt." she said walking away. What is her problem? I waited for her to leave and i knocked on the door. It was then opened by zack. "Ha you got kicked out." he said. "Ha ha so funny. We would of gotten kicked out for vinny's giggling but luckily she didn't hear it." i said closing the door. "Be quite ok guys. Here i want all of you to sit on the floor and hush." I said grabbing blankets. "Fine" they all said. "Now shh" i said taking a seat on the chair. After a while they all fell asleep and i decided to email the venue saying we sadly had to cancel. Alex better wake up soon.