7

months past and the two never spoke about the kiss they shared. they acted like nothing happened.stiles continued to go out with the 'mystery girl' and lydia remained single. lydia was in the shower while stiles was brushing his teeth. "are you doing anything this weekend?" "probably hanging out with cora." he said with the toothbrush in his mouth. she poked her head out of the shower and he turned around to look at her. "do you wanna have a party this weekend? you can invite cora." he filled up his water cup and gurgled. "um..she may be busy but sure, why not? i'll text people to bring stuff." lydia's head was back in the shower. "ok, i'll do drinks. you can decorate." "yeah, i can't do either." he grabbed the mouthwash as she turned off the shower. lydia opened the curtain wearing a white towel. "we can do it together, ok?" he nodded and walked out. "can't wait to meet cora!" "mhm."

"how could you not tell lydia that cora doesn't like her?" scott yelled through the phone. "because it is stupid. she has never met her!" "then how does she hate her?" "she hates her because she is my roommate! she feels like there is something going on!" scott became calm and asked "is there something going on?" "um.." lydia walked in, drying her hair with a towel. "call you later." she sat down on the couch, scrolling through her phone. "who was that?" "scott, he called asking what he could pick up. i told him dip." she nodded. "ok, do you wanna grab stuff now or?" she got up. "sure,  i'm bored."

the two walked down the aisles of party city. they grabbed streamers, cups, plates, basically anything you need for a party. they paid for their stuff and continued to walk around the little mall grabbing stuff here and there. "stiles, can you please come with me to grab an outfit. it will only take a few minutes!" he rolled his eyes. "fine."

she grabbed different items of clothing and tried them on. "this is the one." she stepped out to show a black tank top and matching jeans with roses. she did a quick spin and stiles watched in awe. "LOVE IT! it is also on clearance!" she yelled. you have a girlfriend, dumbass! he yelled in his head. "i'm going to pay, you go start roscoe." stiles left and waited for lydia. she came out with two bags. he drove home. it soon became dark. 

"i'm hungry, wanna get food?" she nodded. they got mcdonalds and stiles drove to quiet part of the woods. the two sat on top of roscoe and ate. "the stars remind me of one of my first nights with you. it was a little chilly but not a lot. it was" "perfect." he finished her sentence looking at her. she laughed and drank some of her soda. "how's cora?" "i do not know actually. i haven't heard from her." they finished up their fries and mcnuggets. they laid on the hood of the jeep and watched the stars. "thanks." lydia said. "for what?" "she turned her body to look at him and he copied her. "you could've kicked me out when i first came but you didn't. i know i wasn't what you expected and you weren't what i expected..but i have had the best time being your roommate. i hope that our friendship lives on." she smiled. "lyds, i'm kinda glad that it was you who ended up as my roommate instead of some guy. you made my life better in ways i cannot explain. i love waking up to hear you singing in the shower or while making breakfast, i love how you remind me to pay the bills, i love how you leave the house smelling like strawberries, i love...you." stiles got closer to lydia's face and put his lips on hers. he missed her touch so much. "no stiles. we can't do this. you have a girlfriend and we are living together. i can't let this happen. let's go home." she got in the passenger side and he got in the drivers side, "i'm sor-" "can we please just go home and forget about this?" he could tell she was upset because he was too. "yeah."