Chapter 5

Lukes POV

"What do you want?" I said

"You know what we want."

"You're not getting it."

"You know we will..."

"Over my dead body..."

"That can be arranged..." The man said before disappearing into the shadows of the alley where he asked to meet.

Angered I went back home to Jack and Leah. I won't let him get what he wants by any means.

"How'd the meeting go?" Jack asked

"Usual, they want it to end with making me unhappy and somebody dying..."

Jack shook his head with disappointment. I mean, it has been almost 10 years since I first got forced into this mess. It paused for about two years when I was 19. And of course, at that time I thought it was over so I married my now deceased cheating wife Maddison. And within a few months her and I were expecting our first child.

Yes, I know what you're probably thinking... Jail, asylums, kidnapping, gangs, guns. Not the usual life style for a 26-year-old single dad. But it was my life.

I sat down and devised a plan. After about 3 weeks of work I finally had a fool proof plan! We're set! Now I can take Leah and move us far away from this place and give Leah the childhood she deserved.

"Leah! Sweetie! Pack your bags we're moving somewhere safe."

She smiled the biggest smile I've seen in months. She instantly dropped her toys and ran to go get started packing. I smiled at her excitement and went to go pack myself.

I could hear her happily singing a song she had made up while putting her toys into boxes. Despite all this, Leah is not spoiled. But I do make sure she has plenty of toys as a kid should.

"Daddy and I are gonna be saffeeee. No more guns, no more bad men, no more saying bye bye to daddyyyy." She sang happily.

My heart is so full with love for this child. After we packed up I thanked Jack with all of my heart, making sure he knew how greatful I was for him.

"Ah c'mon man. Let's skip this and just say I assume I'll be getting visits by my niece often?" He laughed

"Of course, hopefully not for bad reasons thou- Come with us."

"I can't. I've got things for me here. You two have a wonderful new life okay? Protect her. If I hear a thing about more bad guys or you being arrested I will drive up there myself and get Leah and bring her back home with me. Got it?"

"None of that will be happening. And if it does you have my permission to. If Leah calls and says the code word drop what you're doing and get to her okay?"

"Got it."

"See you later... Alligator." I joked as I hugged my older brother. This is something we always have said to each other since we were kids.

"In a while crocodile."