Chapter 10

Lukes POV

Trauma replaying it in my brain. The demons making it more and more realistic each time. Screaming and crying, the walls moved towards me. My eyes being clouded over by darkness. Then suddenly, I was no longer in control.

My arms and legs moved, but I wasn't making them. Screaming at the top of my lungs, despite my request to be quiet. I wanting nothing more than to just be in control again. And with one last scream I jolted awake.

"D-Daddy??" Leah stuttered

"Leah!!" I said jumping up and hugging her close.

She hugged me back tight. I finally had my daughter back. She was here, she was oka-

Then, my thoughts were interrupted by that all too familiar clicking of a shotgun preparing to shoot. I hugged Leah closer leaving my back towards where the shotgun supposedly was.

"Back. Away. From. The. Girl." The man who had just saved me yesterday spoke sternly.

"She's my daughter." I said refusing to let go.

He repeated the statement many more times. Then, everything after this seemed to go in slow motion... I turned my head slightly to get a glimpse of the mad man and the gun went off. The bullet made a slow journey to the soft part of my skull. A sharp pain began flooding my head, then onto the rest of my body. My arms grew limp and I fell forward into the wall.

"DAD!!!" I faintly heard Leah shriek.

I couldn't bring up my strength to reply, or even move for that matter.

I glanced my eyes up and saw the blood splattered all over the wall. My blood. A small hole in the middle of it all. I then glanced my eyes down and suddenly wish I hadn't. A pool of my blood staining my blonde hair.

This is it. The end. The day I leave this cursed world and join my wife in heaven... Except one small problem, after everything I've done it'd be a miracle if I went to heaven... The world isn't exactly on my side with my life.

Everything went dark as I begun having flashbacks... Ever hear that phrase that your life flashes before your eyes right before you die? That's a true statement... Except, it wasn't my life. It was my daughters.

The flashbacks start from the day Maddison walked into our bedroom holding a pregnancy test... A positive one. And the onto the first ultrasound appointment. And when I first heard the doctor exclaim 'It's a Girl!'. And then all the way up until last month, when the doctor told me about her depression... And as the last flashback ended everything went dark and I suddenly faded away...