Chapter 14

Luke's POV

Delilah and I grew closer the more we spoke, she stayed with me while I was in the hospital.

I genuinely think I love this girl, she couldn’t ever love a psychotic man such as myself.

I lay in the hospital bed with the feeling of the sharp pain in my ribs shooting up and down my whole body.

I lay there staring up at the white hospital ceiling, tears rolled down my cheeks as I thought over everything i’ve done to lead me to this point.

I turned my head slightly, looking over at Delilah sleeping peacefully in the hospital chair. Could this be a second chance for me? For Leah?

My thoughts were interrupted by a little familiar voice coming from behind me.

“Dad?”

I snapped my head in that direction as I did Delilah woke up.

I jumped out of the hospital bed ignoring the pain as I got onto my knees and hugged Leah.

I picked her up as the pain grew worse. I stood up while hugging her.

Delilah walked over and gently put one hand on my back to ensure my stability and her other hand under Leah to help me hold her.

For a moment there as the three of us stood there

Call me crazy but at that moment, it felt like we were a family.

I WILL NOT allow myself to be arrested or put back in the asylum again.

This time I mean it.

For the sake of my girls.