Chapter 9

Lukes POV

I wasn't where I had fallen asleep or dreamt about. I'm not sure where I was, but the walls seemed to be closing in on me... Probably because they were... I put my hand on the wall and sure enough... I screamed at the top of my lungs despite the resistance from my raw lungs. I kicked and kicked the top of the box. It won't go up. No light at all coming in.

Screaming, kicking, hitting, crying. Nothing's working. My lungs screaming at me to stop, they just can't take it anymore! Throat begging for the taste of anything but blood, It's sick of it! My face desperate for anything but a frown, it wants to smile! My feet are done with having wet socks sticking to them like glue! My eyes fed up with having tears, the only thing they want are crinkles along the side from laughing! My knuckles sore from bruises and blisters, they just want relief! And most of all my mind's sick of all the demons, it just wants daydreams...

I fought and fought until I had nothing left to give but some demons and wet socks. Just about anywhere was either bleeding or sore... you see, Luke had nothing left in him, but the demons in my head? That's another story...

Then, I stopped holding them in, I unleashed my demons and I saw a new side of myself that scared me. Screaming as if I've never screamed before. I heard a metal click to the top of the box. I stopped as the top of the box opened...

I was buried alive... Dirt lined the inside of my lungs, dried blood on me just about anywhere. My lungs begging for silence and water. My eyes burning from the bright sunlight. Two med worked together in lifting me out.

"Honey, get him a place set up in the guest room?" A rough mans voice stated.

"We're gonna help you, okay kid?" Said the other man with a softer tone

Still unable to see my surroundings they picked me up and begun walking. I soon blacked out and only regained my senses when I was set on one of the most comfortable beds I've ever felt. I slowly opened my eyes looking around in the dim room. I identified two tall men, one woman and two children...

"W-Where am i?" I asked. My voice rough from screaming.

"Our foster child was outside and heard your screams. We don't know how you got here or who buried you."

"Wh-Where is the kid? I have to say thank you." I asked

"She's outside waiting for the bus... That reminds me, children go join her." She instructed as the children waved goodbye and went to go wait for the bus.

My whole body ached. I tried sitting up but they stopped me.

"You've got to rest, what do you need? We'll get it for you."

"I-I'm gonna get some sleep I think." I said as I got comfortable.

They nodded and left me alone. As I fell asleep all on my mind was who could've buried me?