{three}

"I bet you're at some afterpartyChasing your whiskey with some cokeYou're with some girls who look just like meI bet you bet I'll never know"

Chasing your whiskey with some coke
You're with some girls who look just like me
I bet you bet I'll never know"

"I bet you're at some afterpartyChasing your whiskey with some cokeYou're with some girls who look just like meI bet you bet I'll never know"

Staying behind was a mistake. I've walked all over town, yet still can't find one familiar thing. The fact that it was growing darker with each minute wasn't helping either.

     I clutched my arms to my chest trying to create more warmth. The crisp winter air bites my skin. My teeth clatter and I accidentally bite my tongue. I grimace when I taste the metallic substance. But hey, what can you do?

     The night sky begins to growl and rumble. A flicker of light flashes behind the somber clouds.

     "Oh no," I complain to myself. I absolutely, one hundred percent, hate storms.

     And there it is. The crack of lightning that made me jump back three feet. I look around for an invisible answer. My phone died hours ago and I haven't seen Daniel since he'd left.

     Another lightning bolt brightens the clouds and stars. This time, much louder and closer. I begin to pant. What do I do?

    A drop, followed by more. Drip. Drop. Drip.

     The rain makes my clothes to my skin. A case of déjà vu? I swear if my mother pops out of the bushes I'm going to have a heart attack.

     My legs start carrying me through the dimly lite streets. I'm still lost as to where I'm going. I pass by a tinted car window and examine myself.

     Wow. I'm just that horrid looking. My lips are purple and my hair is matted to my forehead. The chunky knit sweater is now soaking wet. The mascara on my lashes is running down my white cheeks.

     I groan and tug at my hair. Where do I go? Stomping my foot I run down the opposite direction. Maybe I can retrace my steps. Yes! Great idea, Lydia!

     I run and run until I reach a park. It's not park from when I was with Daniel, but a parks a park. A group of high schoolers drinking and smoking hang out under the shade structure. They're all gathered around a small bonfire.