{thirty}

"You taught me the courage of stars before you leftHow light carries on endlessly even after deathWith shortness of breath you explained the infiniteHow rare and beautiful it is to even exist"

before you left
How light carries on endlessly even
after death
With shortness of breath you explained
the infinite
How rare and beautiful it is to even exist"

"You taught me the courage of stars before you leftHow light carries on endlessly even after deathWith shortness of breath you explained the infiniteHow rare and beautiful it is to even exist"

Rubbing the sleep from my eyes, I recall the events from last night. The unknown stalker that's been getting even closer to me, the Cadillac driving towards me at an unforgiving speed, then my so called saviors, Noah and Corey. They know now, in ways. And they promised they'd keep their mouths shut for me. But why am I feeling so guilty? It's a nagging feeling in the back of my head that is slowly giving me the worst headache. I want to tell him, but it would be worse if he became involved, and I am not jeopardizing Miguel's safety for my own.

Winter break has begun, which means we won't return to school until early January. Also meaning, I can finally get more time to myself. And even though I've rubbed the sleep out of my eyes, and I can taste the morning breath on my tongue, I still crawl back into bed. Have you ever realized how much more comfier a bed is in the morning? It's almost impossible to get up.

My eyelids become heavy and I don't fight the sleep, instead I welcome it, and hope that in this dream I'll be in utopia.

"Mom?" I ask, looking around in all different directions of our old house in Claremont. "Mom?!"

Light and airy footsteps progress down the stairs and I close my eyes. I know this person just by the way their foot touches the floor. "Lydia Emery," Mom croons in that angelic tone. "What kind of trouble have you gotten yourself into this time?"

I smile before turning around to face her. She's just as beautiful as I remembered. Her cheeks are so rosy, and her skin, still blemish free. "Mommy," I cry as I run into her arms. "There's so much going on, dad isn't around much anymore, Daniel has run off, and someone's been stalking me."

Her soft hand strokes my jaw. "I know my lovely, and what are you going to do about it?"

I furrow my eyebrows and my jaw ticks. "Is there even anything I can do about it?"