{seven}

"Help me, it's like the walls are caving inSometimes I feel like giving upNo medicine is strong enoughSomeone help me"

Sometimes I feel like giving up
No medicine is strong enough
Someone help me"

"Help me, it's like the walls are caving inSometimes I feel like giving upNo medicine is strong enoughSomeone help me"

     I finally manage to open my new yet ratty royal blue locker in the corridor. It's shocking how much black ink is oxidized into the chipped paint. And then there are some words that are new, more opaque, more painful. Words of filth and shame and just utter rudeness permanently stain the once beautiful locker.

     UGLY WHORE

LONER

GO KILL YOURSELF

It was as if this person, the former locker owner, was cornered into this. Maybe even bullied. I did not know their story, yet I know they did not deserve these painful words to be etched into their property for a whole year. No one deserves this. This person had to come to school everyday to see words of hate adorning the blue paint. Everyday.

And now it's my turn.

I slam my locker closed, enough to attract attention of bystanders. They look at me with judgement; eyes of different stories traveling up and down my awkward body. I look down. The black turtle neck makes my neck appear slimmer. My high waisted medium wash boyfriend jeans paired with tan booties appear to make me look taller than my usual five foot two.

Shrugging my leather backpack higher up my shoulder, I turn around and waltz through the corridor, peering at my schedule once of twice to make sure I'm on the right path.

I haven't seen Daniel since last night. When I woke up, I made sure to knock on his door before opening, even so he was gone along with his school backpack and beat up converse. I walked to school by myself that morning. Skipped the breakfast that was supposed to be the most important meal of the day, and dipped. These past couple of days had managed to ruin my appetite.

     I stop in my tracks and look down at my paper once more. English—C234. Looking up to the door, I find the same numbers etched into the wall beside the door knob. English—C234.